Simply stated, Materion makes advanced materials that improve the world. We are a global leader in creating innovative, high performance engineered material solutions and services for a wide range of growth industries: high-tech consumer electronics , telecommunications , commercial aerospace , defense , medical , automotive , and many more.
Our products, services and expertise help enable customers' technologies. We supply sophisticated thin film coatings for hard disk drives, specialty inorganic chemicals for solar energy panels, bio-compatible materials for implantable medical devices, specialty alloys for miniature consumer electronics components, optical filters for thermal imaging, critical components for infrared sensing technology, special materials for LEDs and much more. As the world's only integrated "mine-to-mill" supplier of beryllium-based products, we also offer beryllium, specialty engineered beryllium alloys and beryllium composites.
As a team of 2,700 associates, we partner with customers in more than 50 countries. In 2017, we generated over $1B+ in revenues and made an exciting new acquisition that expanded our footprint in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
For more information, check out our video " Materion Is " along with other videos https://www.youtube.com/user/MaterionVideos/playlists of us showing you how we're Making a Difference
our shared purpose of" Making Advanced materials that Improve the World
Click on any of the icons below to connect with Materion on social media.
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
Under the direction of the Associate Supervisor, the Manufacturing Operator sets up and operates manufacturing equipment associated with material fabrication.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manufacturing Operator dutiies: GENERAL
- Operate various equipment including, but not limited to Bar Scalper, various Brushing Equipment, Parts Cleaning, Litecast, Power Shear, and Sandblaster.
- Operate various equipment including, but not limited to rolling, milling, slitting, annealing, stamping, wire and extrusion machines.
- Monitor and check product to maintain inventory levels and adherence to customer requirements for quality.
- Must be proficient using micrometers, calipers and measuring instruments.
- Collect data and maintain various charts as required.
- Operate various equipment including, but not limited to mills, melting furnaces, wire equipment, 2 Hi and 4 Hi cold/hot rolling machines.
- Roll to tolerances as close as +/- .0001, measuring thickness with a micrometer.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment and work area.
The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the position described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the role.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum of Six months experience