Control Room Operator
+ **Job ID:** 346021
+ **Country:** Brazil
+ **Location:** Rio De Janeiro
+ **Company:** Equinor Brasil Energia Lt
+ **Contact Name:** Tatiana Oka
+ **Workplace:** Offshore
+ **Discipline:** Operation & Maintenance
+ **Education Preferred:** Technical Degree
+ **Experience Preferred:** 1 - 3 Years
+ **Closing Date:** May 52020
We're Equinor, an international energy company with a proud history. Formerly Statoil, we are 20,000 committed colleagues developing oil, gas, wind and solar energy in more than 30 countries worldwide. We're the largest operator in Norway, among the world's largest offshore operators, and a growing force in renewables. Driven by our Nordic urge to explore beyond the horizon, and our dedication to safety, equality and sustainability, we're building a global business on our values and the energy needs of the future.
Development and production Brazil (DPB) is responsible for the company’s operations and business development in Brazil. DPBs ambition is to develop safe and sustainable value growth in Brazil, shaping the future of energy and bringing progress for society. Equinor has been present in Brazil since 2001 and is located with head office in Rio de Janeiro. The company has a diverse portfolio with activities at all stages including: - Exploration licenses (Campos, Espirito Santo and Santos basin), - Operated producing asset: Peregrino field (Campos Basin), that is our largest operated international offshore operation; - Partner operated licenses: Roncador field (Campos Basin) in partnership with Petrobras - Project Development: BM-C-33 (Campos Basin) and Carcará (Pre-salt development in Santos basin) - Renewable energy: Apodi solar project in partnership with Scatec Solar (which is under construction in the Ceará state)
• Reports to Lead Production;
• Operates and monitors FPSO ICSS systems – production / process separation, utility systems, PW system, water injection, fuel gas system, power generation, safety and fire & gas system;
• Closely coordinate interface activities within the Peregrino Field units FPSO and WHP such as production, injection and power export;
• Performs non-routine tasks as part of the production team (pigging, well-tests, plant optimizations, chemicals injection, wells start-ups, etc);
• Keep control and manage Safety inhibits system;
• Coordinate activities with Production operators;
• Identifies and reports process plant and safety systems maintenance requirements in SAP;
• Handles emergencies, as part of the emergency response team.
• 3 years of experience as control room operator in oil and gas production platforms;
• Good verbal and written Portuguese language skills and good command of English;
• Experience from Peregrino WHP’s and FPSO will be considered an advantage;
• Knowledge of maintenance management systems SAP;
• Experience in operating ABB 800xa DCS system will be considered an advantage;
• Efficient in using office computer systems.
Relevant experience may compensate for formal qualifications.
• Works in a structured way and with endurance to meet agreed objectives;
• Understand and manage the risk;
• Has good interpersonal skills, has cooperation and collaborative skills;
• Focus on safety.
Ability to live by «I am safety» expectations.
Not just a job: a career. We encourage you to take advantage of the many opportunities our global company offers, and empower you to build your career across multiple disciplines and geographies, exchange ideas and learn from others.
Rewards. We offer a range of reward programmes within one Equinor framework adapted to the local market. This includes competitive salary, variable pay schemes and a share savings plan.
Wellness and work-life balance. Our employees’ health and well-being are a priority and we appreciate that our employees have commitments outside of work. Whether for family or individual needs, flexibility is important to us all. We recognize that in order for you to be the best version of yourself in the workplace, being able to collect your children, attend a class or simply enjoy social time can be invaluable. We offer opportunities for flexible working.
An inclusive culture. We believe embracing our differences makes us stronger and an inclusive culture is a vital part of our working environment. Diversity for us embraces experience, competence, age, gender, education, cultural background, religion, sexual orientation, disabilities, and more – everything that helps shape our thoughts and perspectives. True inclusion means being able to bring your whole self to work, and for everyone to feel accepted and valued.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach a copy of your CV in English. Applications submitted without such attachment will unfortunately not be evaluated.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Equinor. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team. Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.