Wind Tech Recruiters is looking for a Field Service Engineer on behalf of a well-established, technical sales, service, and engineering company in the energy industry.
Competitive salary, medical, dental, and 401K offered. This is a full-time traveling position that requires the ability to communicate well with customers and work independently.
- Must have the ability to work with customer engineers to analyze existing operating issues
- Support the installation of new equipment and or customer upgrades to gear systems
- Supervise the installation and commissioning, provide on-site RCA or and standard inspection/maintenance support
- Work with the customer to develop and optimize existing Gear installations and report to design engineer in local and/or European offices, with Gear field vibration and Temperature data for analysis
- Bachelors in Engineering (Marine or Mechanical Engineering) is preferred
- Previous field service experience with rotating equipment (Gears, Compressor, Pumps, Generator and Gas, Steam or Wind Turbines) is required
- Candidate must have a strong mechanical aptitude, be self-directed, and trustworthy
- Ability to speak Spanish and or Portuguese due to installations in Latin and South America is a plus
- Ability to travel Up to 75% – Go to customer sites throughout the USA, Canada Mexico, and South America
- Must have at least 2 years of gearbox repair experience (including IMS, HSS, and other repairs)
- Must have climbed wind turbines and have at least 2 years experience as a traveling wind technician
- Must possess good leadership and communication skills
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
Please remembe to say you found this position on GreenJobs.com