**Production Process Engineer**
Location **Huntsville, Alabama**
Department (Org 2) **US Solar Production Team S72002**
Job Requisition **24196**
**LG Electronics U.S. (LGEUS)**
At LG we make products and services that make lives better, easier and happier through increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we offer the latest innovations to make “Life Good” – from home appliances, consumer electronics, vehicle components and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting. As a global leader, we strive for greatness in product leadership, market leadership and people leadership to realize our growth strategies.
We offer an environment that enables colleagues to demonstrate their capabilities, focus on their work and create value. At LG, you're encouraged to take a creative and individual approach to challenges with strong emphasis placed on performance and skill—and equal, merit-based opportunities across the board. We want our colleagues to grow with our global business. That's why we deliver sure rewards for exceptional performance and offer industry-leading benefits. Come join the team!
**We are currently seeking a Production Process Engineer to join our dynamic team in Huntsville, AL as part of the US Solar Production Team!**
The production process engineer will be responsible for the process design, operation and implementation for production including the improvement of processes in order to maintain efficiency, reduce waste, improve efficiency of processes and maximize profit.
• Designing and optimizing production process while maintaining production machines
• Improving product quality, increase productivity and prevent quality issues
• Maintaining the Quality Assurance system in production line
• Designing an optimized production system ensuring a quality product while developing the new technology
• Interpret engineering drawings, sketches, or diagrams
• Modify equipment or processes to improve product quality & productivity
• Prepare layouts of machinery or equipment, using drafting equipment or computer-aided design (CAD) software
• Prepare schedules for equipment use or routine maintenance
• Design, run, test and upgrade systems and processes
• Develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output
• Perform process simulations in partnership with production and quality
• Perform risk assessments of new product
• Provide process documentation and operating instructions
• Oversee changeover of implementation of new product
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 6 years of experience in relevant area in manufacturing environment
• Computer aided design CAD software
• Office suite software Microsoft Office; Outlook
• Strong technical knowledge and ability in process engineering disciplines
• Must be highly detail-oriented and organized
• Must have excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities
• Proven ability in project management skills
• Ability to work within a diverse team
LG Electronics, USA Inc., LG Mobile Research USA LLC, LG Electronics, Alabama, inc., LGEVU and Zenith Electronics LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the Company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.