Frontier Communications is seeking a Technical Support Rep II. The Technical Support Rep II is responsible for monitoring the core network, systems, and jobs and reacting to alarms/events generated within an infrastructure monitoring platform based on corresponding procedures. You'll be part of a team that is responsible for 24x7x365 maintenance and monitoring of our networks, applications, and systems. As part of this team, you will monitor and maintain numerous complex multi-tiered Network environments that deliver content to desktop, mobile, and server platforms.
* Core network monitoring functionality to include but not limited to all Frontier network routers switches, hubs, wired and wireless network peripherals. Monitor, identify, resolve, and/or escalate alerts to appropriate teams for resolution.
* Monitor, identify, resolve, and/or escalate alerts on all operating system platforms, including AS400, UNIX, and Intel environments utilizing BMC Patrol. Responsible for identifying problems as they occur, and for being the point of contact in assisting Tech Rep I employees to ensure proper steps are taken to resolve problems outside of scope.
* Responsible for following procedures for processing of batch files, troubleshooting and reporting errors; utilizing CA Autosys, HelpSystems Robot tools.
* Monitor, identify application health check failures, and ensure appropriate process is followed to resolve failures.
* Manage tape media environments to ensure backups are successful, copies of backups are rotated to offsite location and scratch media is available.
* Monitor Data Center environmental conditions, performing escalations as required.
**Required Skills and Experience**
* Associate's degree or 2-4 years’ experience in the operation of computer equipment and systems.
* Functional understanding of TCP.P network protocol.
* Working knowledge of standard and non-standard network troubleshooting tools and processes (e.g. ping, tracert, Solar Winds - Orion, ect.)
* 2-4 years working experience in a large-scale Network Operations Center (NOC).
* General knowledge of ping, tracert, and other network troubleshooting commands.
* Working knowledge of NOC environments.
* Familiarity with the ITIL framework.
* General knowledge of the Crisis Management Process.
* General knowledge of UNIX, Intel, AS400 operating system internals, system manager tools; account/file maintenance; user level commands and utilities.
* Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft office and other tools such as (Exchange, Excel, Word, Share Point).
* Ability to understand and carry out oral and/or written directions.
**Desired Skills and Experience**
* Ability to communicate effectively and work independently.
* Customer focused and team oriented with excellent written and communication skills.
* Exceptional organization skills.
* Problem solving skills is an inherent skill required.
* Self-motivated and an independent worker and thinker with strong trouble-shooting and analytical skills. Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks effectively in a fast paced environment.
Team provides 24x7 365 day coverage, must have the ability to work a schedule consisting of weekends, twelve hour shifts and rotating holidays. This position may require limited and infrequent travel.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.