General Overview: At the Climate Reality Project, we come to work every day to help solve the climate crisis. We do it by working from the ground up, empowering people and communities worldwide to fight for their future, and together drive a just transition to clean energy.
Digital communication is a core component of this effort. Every day, we share stories, messages, and actions that bring home the urgency of the crisis and inspire people everywhere to take action.
The Director of Digital Communications plays a central role in this work, coordinating and overseeing the execution of Climate Reality’s communications and digital efforts to help build a more diverse and powerful movement for climate solutions. The person in this role will create, implement, and guide the overall strategy for the Communications and Digital team, oversee and manage large-scale projects and provide communications and digital support to the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Develop and manage a strategic digital communications plan that advances the organization’s overarching goals while incorporating digital innovations, trends, and best practices into Climate Reality’s work.
- Work closely with other department directors across the organization to ensure continuity and support across programs and teams.
- Make budgeting decisions and recommendations for the team.
- Manage department employees and external partners, vendors, and consultants.
- Manage the digital communication narrative, including writing as needed across a variety of platforms (blogs, email, social media, etc.).
- Oversee the day-to-day team operations, including making decisions on rapid response actions as well as keeping long-term projects moving like maintaining our website, blog, email program, and digital advertising efforts.
- Work with senior leadership to integrate the website, membership list, social media, and other assets in support of the organization’s strategy and goals.
- Communicate program and organizational updates to department staff on a regular and ongoing basis.
- Oversee quality control and message discipline in the organization’s materials (press releases, letters to the editor, op-eds, new media, media materials, fundraising solicitations, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
You’d be great for this role if:
- You are an excellent communicator, problem solver, and strategic thinker, able to keep track of lots of moving parts with competing deadlines.
- You have extensive experience (ideally at least ten years) working in a digital and/or communications capacity for an advocacy organization, campaign, or consulting environment.
- You have experience managing a team.
- You have experience managing and growing a successful digital fundraising and email program.
- You are able to turn ideas into actionable and measurable plans.
- You love being part of a team and are a people person who builds strong relationships and has the skills to resolve conflict while still maintaining important and effective relationships.
- You have expertise in a range of digital tools and tactics (specifically, Marketo, Salesforce, social media platforms, digital advertising tools) and a good understanding of the different ways they can be leveraged to advance our goals.
- You know how to give and receive feedback well.
- You have a track record of working effectively across multiple differences (race, gender, age, language, orientation, urban/rural, etc.).
- You care deeply about both climate change and environmental justice and want to work to solve the climate crisis and create a healthy and equitable future for all.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k) with no vesting period and a company match, mobile phone reimbursement, and a transit subsidy.
Please submit your resume to DigOrgJobs@climatereality.com by August 15, 2020.
Please indicate in your email with your submission the job site where you found this posting.
The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities, and termination.
Please remember to say you found this job listing on GreenJobs.com