Simply stated, Materion makes advanced materials that improve the world. We are a global leader in creating innovative, high performance engineered material solutions and services for a wide range of growth industries: high-tech consumer electronics , telecommunications , commercial aerospace , defense , medical , automotive , and many more.
Our products, services and expertise help enable our customers' technologies. We supply sophisticated thin film coatings for hard disk drives, specialty inorganic chemicals for solar energy panels, bio-compatible materials for implantable medical devices, specialty alloys for miniature consumer electronics components, optical filters for thermal imaging, critical components for infrared sensing technology, special materials for LEDs and much more. As the world's only integrated "mine-to-mill" supplier of beryllium-based products, we also offer beryllium, specialty engineered beryllium alloys and beryllium composites.
In 2016, we generated approx. $1B in revenue. As a team of 2,500 associates, we partner with customers in more than 50 countries. In early 2017, Materion closed on an exciting new acquisition that expands our footprint in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
For more information, please visit our website at http://materion.com/About and check out our video " Materion Is " along with other videos of our employees sharing what it means for them to work at Materion.
Click on any of the icons below to connect with Materion on social media.
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
Under the direction of the Associate Supervisor, the Chemical Stripping Operator is responsible for mechanically and chemically removing metal depositions from and applying surface texture to various metal parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Mechanically and chemically remove metals from PVD shield components.
* Mix appropriate chemical solutions per operating procedures. Operate chemical process tanks.
* After removal of precious metals from PVD shield components, apply final surface texture, clean, inspect, and package components per operating procedures. This includes the operation of the sandblaster, vacuum packaging machine, and some measurement instruments.
* Assemble, disassemble, and mask parts per instructions.
* Strip plated lids using appropriate chemicals.
* Maintain and operate precious metal recovery systems, including filtering and sampling processes.
* Maintain and operate wastewater treatment systems.
* Follow strict operating and safety procedures, fill in required logs and documents, and maintain traceability of all parts and removed metals.
* Wear necessary personal protective equipment.
* Maintain superior housekeeping in stripping and chemical areas. Ensure proper location of chemicals.
* Serve on the Emergency Response Team.
The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the position described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the role.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent. Chemical training or experience strongly preferred. Knowledge of safe chemical handling and storage preferred. Because of the possibility of dangerous reactions with hazardous substances, must complete company training program.