Simply stated, Materion makes advanced materials that improve the world. We are a global leader in creating innovative, high performance engineered material solutions and services for a wide range of growth industries: high-tech consumer electronics , telecommunications , commercial aerospace , defense , medical , automotive , and many more.
Our products, services and expertise help enable our customers' technologies. We supply sophisticated thin film coatings for hard disk drives, specialty inorganic chemicals for solar energy panels, bio-compatible materials for implantable medical devices, specialty alloys for miniature consumer electronics components, optical filters for thermal imaging, critical components for infrared sensing technology, special materials for LEDs and much more. As the world's only integrated "mine-to-mill" supplier of beryllium-based products, we also offer beryllium, specialty engineered beryllium alloys and beryllium composites.
In 2016, we generated approx. $1B in revenue. As a team of 2,500 associates, we partner with customers in more than 50 countries. In early 2017, Materion closed on an exciting new acquisition that expands our footprint in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
For more information, please visit our website at http://materion.com/About and check out our video " Materion Is " along with other videos of our employees sharing what it means for them to work at Materion.
Click on any of the icons below to connect with Materion on social media.
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
To perform routine checks, tests, gauging, and instrument inspections of materials, goods in process, and finished goods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Performs assigned routine tests on materials, goods in process, or finished goods where results are compared with quality standards. Inspects visually for obvious defects.
* Performs detailed visual inspection when necessary to determine quality of product where limits are not clearly defined. Removes defectives and places acceptable product back on line.
* Notifies supervisor when inspection data exceeds acceptable limits or when major incidents of poor quality are noted.
* Ensure that standard procedures are followed
* Records results on inspection forms or charts and reports number of defects found. Posts and maintains forms and charts of inspection data, quality levels, or special quality studies.
* Makes recommendation on disposition of questionable product to supervisor.
* Cleaning and packaging of parts prior to shipment.
* May perform incoming inspections, CMM operator, PTF, C-Scan and other functions as needed.
* All other duties as assigned
The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the position described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the role.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* High school or technical school education, or equivalent, with mathematics emphasis
* Dexterity and preciseness required to operate gauges and testing equipment
* Willing to learn SAP / Drawing Viewer / Excel computer programs as needed.
* Basic blueprint reading
* Strong attention to detail
* This is a second shift position