Simply stated, Materion makes advanced materials that improve the world. We are a global leader in creating innovative, high performance engineered material solutions and services for a wide range of growth industries: high-tech consumer electronics , telecommunications , commercial aerospace , defense , medical , automotive , and many more.
Our products, services and expertise help enable our customers' technologies. We supply sophisticated thin film coatings for hard disk drives, specialty inorganic chemicals for solar energy panels, bio-compatible materials for implantable medical devices, specialty alloys for miniature consumer electronics components, optical filters for thermal imaging, critical components for infrared sensing technology, special materials for LEDs and much more. As the world's only integrated "mine-to-mill" supplier of beryllium-based products, we also offer beryllium, specialty engineered beryllium alloys and beryllium composites.
In 2016, we generated approx. $1B in revenue. As a team of 2,500 associates, we partner with customers in more than 50 countries. In early 2017, Materion closed on an exciting new acquisition that expands our footprint in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
For more information, please visit our website at http://materion.com/About and check out our video " Materion Is " along with other videos of our employees sharing what it means for them to work at Materion.
Click on any of the icons below to connect with Materion on social media.
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
* Under the direction of the Associate Supervisor, the Chemical Operator is responsible for the proper refining of precious metals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for the chemical refining of precious scrap in accordance with all standard operating procedures as directed.
* Responsible for the proper care and use of refinery equipment and safe chemical handling.
* Must be able to safely receive and store chemicals from chemical deliveries and replenish emptied chemical containers.
* Helps to monitor pollution control equipment to assure compliance with air and water discharges.
* The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the position described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the role.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Background in chemical processing preferred. High school graduate or equivalent. Background in chemistry preferred. Knowledge of safe chemical handling and storage preferred. Must complete company training program.
** Starting salary approximately $40,000+ based on experience **
Monday-Friday - 2nd shift - 2:30pm-11pm
Training occurs during the day for ~6months