EIA Programming Lead
+ **Job ID:** 14529
+ **Country:** USA
+ **Location:** Williston, North Dakota
+ **Company:** Equinor US Operations LLC
+ **Contact Name:** Elaine Nishihata
+ **Workplace:** Onshore
+ **Discipline:** Operation & Maintenance
+ **Education Preferred:** Bachelor's Degree
+ **Experience Preferred:** 7 - 10 Years
+ **Closing Date:** May 302019
We're Equinor, an international energy company with a proud history. Formerly Statoil, we are 20,000 committed colleagues developing oil, gas, wind and solar energy in more than 30 countries worldwide. We're the largest operator in Norway, among the world's largest offshore operators, and a growing force in renewables. Driven by our Nordic urge to explore beyond the horizon, and our dedication to safety, equality and sustainability, we're building a global business on our values and the energy needs of the future.
Development and Production International (DPI) is responsible for Equinor’s portfolio of producing assets and planned field developments in all countries outside Norway and Brazil. DPI's intent is to build and grow a competitive international portfolio - always safe, high value and low carbon. DPI’s operates across six continents and implements rigorous safety standards, technological innovations and environmental awareness.
The primary objective of this position is to support reliable, safe, and efficient production of oil and gas through implementation of digital and automation solutions within Equinor’s Global Unconventional (GLU) business.
More specifically, job duties include:
• Providing technical and field oversight for all aspects of delivering a safe and cost-effective design, installation, and integration of automation systems and communication infrastructure.
• Developing and documenting programming, process control, and HMI standards and templates.
• Supervising and assisting team responsible for installation, configuration, programming, troubleshooting, maintenance and tuning of automated control systems, Electronic Flow Meters (EFM), HMII displays, and associated equipment.
• Ensuring the approved programming, process control, and HMI standards and templates are implemented by the team.
• Maintaining and approving updates to the current configurations, programs, and templates and making them available to the team
• Support delivery of the digital oilfield strategy for GLU.
• Providing methods and directing personnel for verification of data quality coming from the field into automated control systems, HMI displays, and SCADA and business solutions
• Ensuring support and training is provided to end users for installed devices and architecture.
• Evaluating and recommending equipment for automation and process control and SCADA systems, including involvement in testing and/or installation and operation.
• Supporting implementation of innovative and cost-effective digital solutions to enable further development of an Operations Control Center.
• Performing and providing necessary support for additional special project initiatives and duties as directed by Line Management and business needs.
• Collaborating with other groups such as Production, Facilities, HSE, Regulatory, Production Accounting, Operations Technology & Excellence, and others to ensure maximum value creation.
Minimum of seven (7) years of automation configuration and programming of industrial DCS, PLC, or PAC controllers working with a producer/operator or service provider required.
Minimum of three (3) years of field supervisory experience
Minimum of three (3) years configuring and tuning process control PID loops.
Strong competence with Allen Bradley Control Logix and/or Schneider Electric SCADA Pack systems and field installation requirements
Working knowledge with industrial networking and radio networking preferred .
Strong MS Office skills: Excel spreadsheets, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook.
Ability to live by our safety and security expectations
Ability to work in a team environment, as a project leader and/or as a member
Strong team focus and leadership skills
Demonstrated problem solving ability
Independent, self-motivated, and results oriented; able to drive a project or task to completion
Demonstrated organizational and coordination abilities across multiple functional disciplines
Strong communications and people skills
Strong collaborator who is willing to work across the entire business to future Equinor’s digitalization strategy
High ethical and HSE standards
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Equinor offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package. Equinor is an equal opportunity employer.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Equinor. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team. Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.