**Description:** Are you prepared to take you career to new heights?
Do you have both an analytical and creative mindset and the ability to navigate changing priorities?
Are you a well\-organized, self\-starter able to take direction and works well both independently and in a team environment?
Space is not a place to go – space is a place to do\! Going to space is just the beginning\. It’s what you do when you get there that matters\. Because space is a place to do big, important, epic things that connect people around the world, advance the frontiers of science, and help militaries protect what matters most\. Lockheed Martin builds the technology that gets things done in space\. Exploring the solar system\. Predicting the weather\. Delivering precise GPS\. Detecting and defeating missile launches\. At Lockheed Martin, we don’t just think big thoughts\. We get things done\. So become a Lockheed Martin Space Systems Engineer\. You are meant to benefit humanity\.”
Lockheed Martin is looking for a Mission Analysis Systems Engineer with initiative to join the team on a new and exciting program\.
In this Engineering & Technology role, you will join a dedicated and high performing group of Systems Engineers, with your focus on analyzing and optimizing mission parameters, capabilities, and operations\.
As a **Mission Analysis Systems Engineer** , you will be:
• Working closely with a team of engineers on various activities relating to all spacecraft systems to define and hone capabilities
• Developing and continually refining methods to collect and extrapolate data, and set constraints to analyze data to optimize spacecraft systems
• Working under minimal direction to resolve unexpected anomalies both independently and with teams when needed
• Developing flight notes for on\-orbit activities, analysis of subsystem data, provide real\-time support of on\-orbit activities, and define, review, and optimize operational procedures
• Participating in working groups and make presentations to the customer and the leadership team on detailed technical aspects of the system
**Typically has 9 \- 15 years** of professional experience\.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big\-picture thinking\.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually\. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package\.
• Experience in Systems Engineering, or related engineering discipline with detailed knowledge of Systems Engineering concepts and processes
• Identifying, decomposing, allocating and verifying/validating requirements
• Participating in Systems Engineering reviews \(SRR, PDR, CDR, MRR\)
• Coordinating with multiple key partners
• TS and additional screening will apply
• Ability to develop an optimized Mission Engineering solution utilizing system capabilities in CONOPS, Mission Planning, Guidance and Navigation, Mission Performance, and On\-Orbit Demonstration
• Ability to ensure maximum system value is captured in the design and meets the customer and program defined requirements to enable the accurate delivery of the systems full capability under all required conditions through the development of sensor algorithms, control algorithms and CONOPS
• Ensure that all Mission Engineering design efforts incorporate the necessary aspects for defining the resources and methodologies necessary to verify and demonstrate these capabilities by supporting the design, development and test of a complex system
• Develop the total system concept to meet the overall system performance and requirements
• Develop a viable solution and in meeting all commitments including technical performance, schedule, and cost along with ensuring customer satisfaction with the system design
• Coordinates collaborative development activities between the component development teams and users in a proactive manner
• Ability to perform data throughput analysis and pointing analysis
• Systems engineering experience on classified programs
• Customer interface experience
• Model\-Based Systems Engineering \(MBSE\)
• Ability to build strong relationships with program internal and external customers
• Lead multi\-functional teams and build consensus among peers
• Missile or space segment design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering
• Bachelors Degree in Systems Engineering, INCOSE Certification, or relevant Graduate Certificate
• Validated behaviors of a systems thinker; selects and applies appropriate systems thinking skills to solve very complex problems and implement constructive change
**Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status\.**
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours\. Our customers tackle the hardest missions\. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision\. They’re dangerous\. Critical\. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives\. Those are the missions we care about\.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges\. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U\.S\., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories\.