**WHAT WE'RE ABOUT**
We're creating an airline people love. It begins with each Alaska Airlines employee, bringing unique strengths and energy to our work in the air and on the ground. Every day, we go beyond what's expected and reach for the remarkable, together.
The On-Call Concierge provides personalized guest experience for Alaska Lounge members and guests through individualized interactions that create a hassle-free travel experience.
Scope & Complexity
This individual contributor position provides an inviting and comfortable environment for Alaska Lounge members and guests.
- Provides an inviting and comfortable environment for members and guests.
- Responds to and resolves customer inquiries, assists customers with necessary travel arrangements (e.g. seat assignments, check-in service, reservations), and prioritizes member' needs and request in a tight time frame.
- Prepares and arranges food, beverages, and liquor service for members and guests.
- Responsible for restocking self-service food, and properly packaging any unused food.
- Manages the cleanliness of the lounge by wiping up spills, clearing, and cleaning tables and removing trash.
- Promotes Alaska Airlines products and services.
- Identifies creative solutions to handle unhappy or mishandled passengers.
- Processes new member enrollments and renewals.
- Cleans and maintains food service equipment (e.g. coffee, soda, juice machines)
- Other duties as assigned.
Job-Specific Experience, Education, & Skills
- A minimum of 2 years of guest service or community service experience.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must be able to obtain State Food Handlers Certification and Alcohol Seller/Server Certification.
- Willingness to serve alcohol.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to bend, squat, stoop, reach and grasp.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Typing speed of at least 25 WPM is required.
- Ability to project a professional image and be approachable with strong social skills.
- Articulate and able to effectively communicate with confidence.
- Able to multi-task while working under pressure.
- Able to make quick, sound decisions in a challenging and varied work environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Computer experience, including familiarity with Image and Solar.
- Strong marketing, sales, management, or customer service experience.
- Motivated to achieve excellent guest service.
- Previous airport experience.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
The starting pay is $18.65 per hour
**START YOUR NEW JOURNEY NOW**
Submit your application by 05/29/2019 11:59pm (Pacific Time). We'll be happy to see it.
**EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY**
Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with applicable Federal, State, and local laws.
Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines participate in E-Verify, a service of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA), where required.
**Job ID** 34791
**Location** Anchorage, AK
**FLSA Status** Nonexempt