PGD Controls Engineer
Date:May 22, 2019
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Requisition ID: 33799
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description
NextEra Energy is seeking an experienced individual to be part of the Engineering & Technical Services team that provides technical support in the area of instrumentation and controls for the Fossil and Thermal-Solar Generating Fleet. Responsibilities include system/asset program management; the development of department standards and best practices; troubleshooting and improving plant control systems; and managing system replacement, upgrade, and integration projects.
This position will require subject matter expertise in Power Generation Control Systems. Core functions will include:
* Managing asset programs for Instrument and Control equipment and systems with focus on cost management, reliability, compliance, and delivering expert support
* Defining and managing project budgets, schedules, and execution, including support of technical design reviews, factory acceptance testing, and quality assurance through all phases of the project
* Developing and applying engineering standards in process control theory, maintenance programs, and project construction
* Providing troubleshooting and support to the Power Generation Division (PGD) in the area of Instrumentation and Controls for combined cycle, conventional, and thermal-solar power generation facilities
* Collaborating with multi-discipline teams for problem solving, betterment opportunities, and systems integration
* Supporting the deployment and maintenance of cyber security solutions to meet corporate standards or NERC CIP standards
Employees in this role apply diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices to a broad variety of assignments and related fields. Individuals will use advanced techniques and modification and extension of theories, precepts, and practices.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
* Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation/modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria
* Devises new solutions to problems encountered
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned
* Bachelor’s - Engineering
* Experience: 2+ years
* Supervisor/Management Experience: 0+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Engineering
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach
Nearest Secondary Market:Miami