Geophysics and Petrophysics Leader
+ **Job ID:** 296428
+ **Country:** USA
+ **Location:** Austin, Texas
+ **Company:** Equinor US Operations LLC
+ **Contact Name:** Elaine Nishihata
+ **Workplace:** Onshore
+ **Discipline:** Petroleum Technology
+ **Education Preferred:** Master's Degree
+ **Experience Preferred:** More than 10 years
+ **Closing Date:** Jun 52019
We're Equinor, an international energy company with a proud history. Formerly Statoil, we are 20,000 committed colleagues developing oil, gas, wind and solar energy in more than 30 countries worldwide. We're the largest operator in Norway, among the world's largest offshore operators, and a growing force in renewables. Driven by our Nordic urge to explore beyond the horizon, and our dedication to safety, equality and sustainability, we're building a global business on our values and the energy needs of the future.
Development and Production International (DPI) is responsible for Equinor’s portfolio of producing assets and planned field developments in all countries outside Norway and Brazil. DPI's intent is to build and grow a competitive international portfolio - always safe, high value and low carbon. DPI’s operates across six continents and implements rigorous safety standards, technological innovations and environmental awareness.
The GGP SPY Leader will be responsible to lead a team of Geophysicists and Petrophysicists to achieve onshore subsurface objectives, provide subsurface resources to support the DPI GLU assets, Exploration (EXP) and Business Development (GSB) teams. The GGP SPY Leader will work closely with the other GGP leaders and manager to assure both quality and integrity. GGP SPY will report directly to GLU TE GGP Manager.
The GGP SPY Leader for Global Unconventionals (GLU TE GGP SPY) is accountable for the following:
• The Quality acquisition, capture, storage, interpretation, and dissemination of all geophysical, and petrophysical information for GLU.
• Supporting the Assets and Access teams by providing interpretations, context, and new/mature play ideas
• Developing key understandings of the geophysical and petrophysical characteristics of the areas and trends
• Planning and the safe execution of drilling programs by providing technical support
• Developing of the subsurface model in key areas of interest and guide decisions incorporating new data from further drilling
• Be an active participant in the GLU TE GGP MC supporting GGP management and initiatives
• Liaise with and communicate regularly with critical functions such as drilling, land, facilities, etc. to ensure well plans are delivered on time
• Identify, track & communicate and mitigate geological risks/hazards
• Lead P@E discussions for direct reports
• Develop, publish and own relative governing documentation
• Develop individual and team competencies and capacity for the GGP SPY unit
• Developing key KPIs to be tracked and benchmarks
• Deliver on shared KPIs across the assets
- KPIs: NOI, CAPEX, Profitability Index, SIF, Improvement Agenda
A proven record of shale development experience onshore is preferred but diversity of experience is desired
Experience with field development planning is a plus.
Good overview and hands-on command of relevant IT tools.
Some experience of business processes from a sizeable oil and gas company or large independent.
Demonstrated leadership qualities
10+ years exp
Ability to live by our safety and security expectations
The position requires excellent communication skills, both internal and external including strong presentation skills.
The demonstrated experience to work in a team to deliver on shared ambitions and goals.
Ability and desire to mentor and develop technical staff.
The desire to be part of a growing company and to make a difference on high impact projects.
Independent, self-motivated, results oriented, can drive a project to completion.
Ability to influence highly skilled employees to deliver results that will enhance productivity and profitability.
Ability to work in a very fast paced and challenged work environment.
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Able to adhere to and contribute to development of best practices.
Commitment to Equinor ethics and HSE standards.
Equinor offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package. Equinor is an equal opportunity employer.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Equinor. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team. Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.