Working at USfalcon is about providing exceptional professional services to the DoD and various Federal Agencies. We have been excelling in diverse platforms for almost 30 years and continue to be an industry leader. If you thrive in an organization that values integrity, commitment, stewardship, and service, we want to meet you.
We have an exciting opportunity to join us in supporting one of our valued customers as a DCGS-A (Fixed) - Field Service Analyst - Journeyman to work out of Fort Shafter, Hawaii.
The DCGS-A Fixed Field Service Analyst Journeyman will need to have knowledge and experience with information network security equipment. Understanding of information network threats such as computer viruses. This position will support the U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command (CECOM) Life Cycle Management Command (LCMC) Software Engineering Center (SEC) Field Support Directorate (FSD) to perform resident engineering and technical support to the Warfighter.
* Install, configure, and maintain site customer's LAN and SAN network devices.
* Install, configure, and maintain Cisco 6500/4500/3800/3700 series switches and routers
* Install, configure, and maintain Cisco MDS series SAN fabric switches.
* Employ network management expertise in the area of fault management, configuration management, performance management, and security management Responsible for the daily operations, maintenance, and 100% functionality of LAN/WAN support equipment.
* Coordinates with local network authority to ensure all routers/switches are in compliance with local security policy and configuration standards.
* Performs routine tasks such as port configuration, enable/disable ports, update device OS, check logs, perform backups of system configuration and/or logs, run physical media to/from network equipment and rack mounted components.
* May be required to perform as backup to the SAN-Network administrator for short periods.
* Ensures full functionality for all assigned Storage Area Network switches to establish the fabric.
* Ensures operational and IA best practices are adhered to during system sustainment activities.
* May be required to perform vulnerability checks to determine IA threats. Performs routine patching per OEM guidance.
* Assist in establishing new LUNs to meet customer requirements.
* Configures port groups and ensures the physical path between SAN attached servers and the SAN controller are available.
* Performs daily check of all SAN links via Cisco Fabric Manager Server.
* Coordinates dual path configuration with server administrators to ensure redundant links for system data path resilience.
* Experienced in a wide range of Internetworking technologies, systems, and telecommunication architectures.
* Experience different flavors of Cisco IOS and Catalyst OS platforms.
* Routine design, planning, and implementation of various levels of Secure Enterprise and Campus data/voice networks.
* Configuration of Overall Network Routing and Switching, VLANS, Access Control Lists, spanning tree, bridging, HSRP, load-balancing, backup routes, TACACS+, and VoIP (Cisco Call Manager & Unity Servers).
* Daily Network Monitoring, analysis, and security auditing using Cisco Works, HP OpenView, MRTG, What's Up - Gold, Cisco Network Analysis Modules, and Cisco ACS.
* Installation of infrastructure such as Category 5 cabling, Fiber Optics, and Serial RS standard solutions.
* Conducts evaluation, recommendation, and integration of new technologies into the LAN/WAN environment.
* Additional duties as assigned
* Minimum of 3years of experience in relating field is required
* 3 additional years of experience can be substituted for the degree
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook)
* Cisco IOS for LAN/WAN routers and switches Cisco IOS for SAN fabric networking switches Management of Cisco MDS SAN switches highly preferred.
* Cisco Fabric Manager experience a plus. Alter point, Solar Winds, or other network monitoring applications.
* Knowledge and experience with information network security equipment. Understanding of information network threats such as computer viruses.
* Tests and operates firewalls, intrusion detection systems, enterprise anti-virus systems and software deployment tools.
* Safeguards the network against unauthorized infiltration, modification, destruction or disclosure.
* May research, evaluate, test, recommends communicate and implement new security software or devices. Implements, enforces, communicates and develops security policies or plans for data, software applications, hardware, and telecommunications.
* Provides information to management regarding the negative impact caused by theft, destruction, alteration or denial of access to information.
* Provides recommendations on information assurance engineering standards, implementation dependencies, and changing information assurance related technologies.
* Experience in the DOD intelligence environment or equivalent government agencies, with field level experience preferred
* Bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering or any other Scientific/Technical discipline, from an accredited university is required.
* IAT LEVEL II Certification is required: CompTIA Security +
* Minimum CE
* Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
* Preferred CE
* Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
*Job ID:* 2019-2811
*Clearance Level:* TS/SCI
*Clearance:* TS/SCI with eligibility to receive polygraph