As part of the APS team, you are important to the success and future of our organization. APS offers highly competitive and valuable benefits, many at no cost to you.
* Some of the benefits include: Retirement, Health and Wealth Benefits / Paid Time Off to ensure
* Work -Life Balance and many Training Programs that supports career and personal enrichment.
* Be a part of a unique industry at APS and experience being a part of #keepingarizonaon
The** Technology Assessment** and **Smart Grid**departments have openings for **Energy Innovation Analysts**. As an Analyst you evaluate, deploy, and scale new and exisiting technology and energy solutions for Arizona Public Service.
* Bachelors' degree in Engineering, Science, Information Technology or a related field and
* 2 years of prior relevant experience in the power and natural gas sectors with an understanding of the regulatory, technical and business issues impacting the industry including renewables, distributed energy or grid technologies.
* In lieu of Bachelor's degree, High School/GED plus 6 years directly related experience in the technology, power and/or natural gas sectors with an understanding of regulatory, technical and business issues impacting the industry including renewables, distributed energy and grid technologies.
* General knowledge and understanding of one or more emerging energy technologies and related business models, such as solar, energy storage, electric vehicles, energy management software platforms etc.
**Preferred Special Skills, Knowledge or Qualifications**
* Grid understanding, electric vehicle, and solar experience preferred.
* Demonstrated knowledge of business case components and ability to produce and present business cases to team leadership.
* Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to research initiatives and stay current with industry trends & developments.
* Ability to collect and analyze data of low to medium complexity with small number of correlations or variables.
* Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills to effectively present ideas to internal teams and leadership.
* Ability to build, maintain and extend relationships across the organization
1. Support the new-technology evaluation process, through effective research, data and trend analysis.
2. Research and understand relevant technology trends and emerging business models, including early stage developments.
3. Prepare regular business updates on industry trends, emerging technologies and technology-enabled business models, focusing on the potential opportunities and threats for the Company.
4. Develop analytical and technical capabilities and expertise in areas including: distributed generation, energy storage and smart grid technologies, regulatory and policy issues.
5. Work closely with other business unit teams to assess technology-driven business opportunities, and build business cases for handling of the most impactful technologies.
6. Provide support in forecasting the business impacts of emerging technologies.
7. Effectively interface and resolve project issues with departmental staff and other stakeholders to meet project requirements.
8. Maintain and foster business relationships with business units and vendors to identify potential issues and risks.
9. Demonstrate a continuous learning mindset and knowledge of pilot and proof of concept goals and processes.
## Export Compliance/EEO
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
*Job ID:* 20190381
*Full/Part Time:* Full-Time