M&F Talent has a cannabis industry client that is looking to hire a General Manager for their cannabis extraction lab in Ohio. Our client is a vertically integrated cannabis business that has cultivation, processing, and retail operations in a number of States. With a market presence across the U.S., they are offering unparalleled growth potential for their employees. However, they are interested in maintaining quality in their products and teamwork with their business.
The General Manager position is newly created, and requires the maintenance of the organization, cleanliness, and efficiency of the extraction production area. The ideal candidate is proactive, innovative, and passionate, as well as able to beat deadlines and solve problem. The General Manager also maintains quality control measures to ensure high-quality product and carries out day-to-day tasks including prepping, extracting, and packaging.
Location: Toledo, OH
- Oversees and manages production lab ensuring operations support growing patient demand.
- Oversee formulations of high-quality medical cannabis products.
- Ensure operations comply with all regulations, policies, and procedures relating to safety, security, and health.
- Master and control all equipment in a laboratory-type environment, including Cox, light hydrocarbon liquid solvent, and solvent-less extraction methods.
- Ensure consistency and efficacy of product through quality control testing and procedures.
- Partner with Lab Managers across the country to develop and document Standard Operating Procedures for extraction and refinement.
- Adopt and promote a high energy culture that stresses close communication and teamwork amongst all labs and departments.
- Ensure best practices exist for recruiting, hiring and training lab teams on extraction and refinement within lab facilities.
- Provide subject matter expertise for evaluating procurement of lab equipment and best practices for build.
- Assist with compliance, including the creation of batch production records and labels specific to each state and in accordance with company standards.
- Research extraction and refinement processes to ensure they meet or exceed industry standards.
- BA Degree in Chemistry or related field.
- 5+ years managing professional lab environment.
- 3+ years’ experience in cannabis product formulation and processing, i.e. vape oil post-processing techniques, winterization, separation, isolation, product refinement, fractional distillation, etc. (Preferred).
- Proven strategic experience in overseeing all aspects of professional production laboratory environments including equipment handling, production operations, processing, and execution.
- Experience in managing a lab creating consumables, coordinating supplies, and maintaining equipment.
- Demonstrated experience in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning.
- Proven expertise managing large dispersed teams, recruitment practices, training and onboarding with history of success as a manager.
- Familiarity with OSHA guidelines for dealing with hazardous chemicals.
- Knowledge of laboratory best practices including data entry, cleanliness, and systems.
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment.
- Active driver’s license or State ID card.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must pass all required background checks.
- Must possess the physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required to accomplish duties.