San Mateo, CA
SolarCity is seeking a highly talented and versatile Software Engineer with a strong understanding of object oriented programming concepts and SaaS systems. You will work to understand the challenges before you at an operational, strategic and tactical level in order to develop new features (and improve upon old ones) within Salesforce.com (SFDC) and across all other sales applications. In this role, you will also have the opportunity to train large groups of users on supported applications while simultaneously promoting best practices. You should also be able to clearly articulate business processes to management and C-level executives as needed.
• Integrate SalesForce applications with intranet applications built on the Microsoft .NET platform.
• Train sales team on how to best use our sales applications in order to maximize efficiencies and promote best practices
• Document all sales application related processes
• 2 Years of object oriented development experience (c#, Java, APEX, etc)
• Experience writing and integrating with web services (REST or SOAP)
• Good understanding of database fundamentals, and basic SQL knowledge
• Basic knowledge of Eclipse, Visual Studio, or other IDE
• Experience writing object oriented unit tests
• Experience with Apex and Visualforce development a plus
• Salesforce.com admin certification a plus.
• Ability to think strategically based on the company's forward vision
• Solid oral, written and presentation communication skills
SolarCity®, a national leader in clean energy products and services, provides homeowners, business and government organizations cleaner, more affordable alternatives to their utility bills. The company makes it simple for customers to lock in lower, long-term rates for clean energy by providing everything from financing, permitting and installation to ongoing monitoring and maintenance. The U.S. Department of Energy named SolarCity a Green Power Supplier of the Year in 2010, and Fast Company Magazine called it one of the 50 most innovative companies in the world in 2011. SolarCity's 25 locations serve thousands of communities in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, Oregon, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Washington.