The SolarCity team is smart, dedicated to our clients, open minded, fun, and composed of the solar and renewable energy industry's best talent. If you want to join a rapidly growing, award-winning, pre-public company with plenty of opportunities for upward mobility, we invite you to apply to SolarCity.
SolarCity's Energy Consultants strive to exceed customer expectations and build strong relationships with home-owners. They actively identify and pursue leads, address customer's questions and concerns, and meet sales quotas of solar systems and energy efficiency services. We take a consultative approach to educating customers on the growing solar/clean energy industry. Energy Consultants will spend much of their time traveling to and visiting with prospective customers at their homes. Outside Sales Consultants are the primary external representatives of SolarCity and are expected to convey a sense of expertise in services and capabilities offered. This position requires tact, adaptability, confidence (without arrogance), and a high degree of customer service and professionalism.
• Sales of residential solar electric systems and energy efficiency services.
• Full life cycle business development and lead generation.
• Closing deals and signing contracts at client homes.
• Prospecting for and qualifying leads.
• Utilizing online tools and conducting preliminary site evaluations to develop an initial system design. The design is primarily used to provide the customer with a visual example of how a solar system will look in his/her home.
• Generating project proposals/quotes for customers.
• Analysis of customer's current and projected electrical usage and financial return on investment.
• Must have a clear understanding of sales cycle, contract agreements and be able to explain and review agreements to close customers.
• Logging all communications with customers in CRM contact database.
The ideal candidate must have the following skills and qualifications:
• Minimum 4-5 years of a successful track record of consumer sales experience (prefer in-home).
• Experience in the solar industry preferred (we provide paid training).
• Strong track record of full cycle business development and lead generation.
• Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed monthly sales numbers.
• Strong track record of achievement as evidenced by sales awards, beating quota, building a new book of business or growing a market, etc.
• Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Office and Basic Excel a must. CRM experience a plus.
• Desire to stay on the leading edge of the solar and renewable energies industry.
• World class communication and customer service skills and experience.
• Four year college degree preferred.
• Clean DMV driving record (example, no DUI in the last 5 years).
• All candidates must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment background and drug screen.
• Motivated to earn $150k+
• Paid training with the nation's leader in solar power and energy efficiency
• Company car, laptop, smart phone provided
• Full benefits including health, vision, dental insurance
• 401k plan and pre-public stock options
• Career path opportunities for top performers
SolarCity®, a national leader in clean energy products and services, provides homeowners, business and government organizations cleaner, more affordable alternatives to their utility bills. The company makes it simple for customers to lock in lower, long-term rates for clean energy by providing everything from financing, permitting and installation to ongoing monitoring and maintenance. The U.S. Department of Energy named SolarCity a Green Power Supplier of the Year in 2010, and Fast Company Magazine called it one of the 50 most innovative companies in the world in 2011. SolarCity's 25 locations serve thousands of communities in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, Oregon, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Washington.