The Regional AutoCAD Drafter will be responsible for drafting PV systems and will report to the Drafting Manager. The ideal candidate will have AutoCAD and drawing set creation experience, have formal training (Bachelors Degree or Associates Degree) as well as hands-on industry experience.
• Interpreting multiple sources of information to create construction and permitting drawings using AutoCAD.
• Creating, editing, and formatting drawings for homes and businesses using AutoCAD.
• Communicating with building departments to determine requirements.
• Communicating with engineers in order to complete photovoltaic system designs.
• Supporting designers and operations staff located at the regional office
• Training regional staff on Engineering process and standards
The ideal candidate must have the following skills and qualifications:
• At least one year of intense AutoCAD usage. Familiarity with dimensioning, scaling, and typical CAD standards preferable.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Detail-oriented with an eye towards automation.
• Organized and able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Works well in a fast paced work environment.
• Adapts easily to changing requirements in a growing industry.
• Can work independently and within small groups.
• Confident, independent decision-maker.
• Experience creating complete drawing sets.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred; Associates Degree with several years of experience will be considered.
• Familiarity with residential construction and typical wood framing.
• Knowledge of mechanical and electrical design is preferred and beneficial but not required.
• Willingness to occasionally travel to job sites throughout the region.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
• Ability to work safely in attics, crawlspaces, and on rooftops is preferred but not required.
• Must have a clean driving record. (example, no DUI in the last 5 years)
• Ability to successfully pass a pre-employment background and drug screen
• Passionate about sustainability, green power, and energy efficiency.
SolarCity®, a national leader in clean energy products and services, provides homeowners, business and government organizations cleaner, more affordable alternatives to their utility bills. The company makes it simple for customers to lock in lower, long-term rates for clean energy by providing everything from financing, permitting and installation to ongoing monitoring and maintenance. The U.S. Department of Energy named SolarCity a Green Power Supplier of the Year in 2010, and Fast Company Magazine called it one of the 50 most innovative companies in the world in 2011. SolarCity's 25 locations serve thousands of communities in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, Oregon, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Washington.