Manage a team of Outside Sales consultants to achieve bookings and margin objectives for the region's residential markets. Provide leadership and guidance on all aspects of selling residential PV systems as well as kick-off community programs in accordance to SolarCity business processes. Execute sales strategies, continually develop the sales team and drive sales performance overall. Build and manage long term key customer relationships/partnerships and ensure customer satisfaction.
• Lead the regional sales team to exceed sales goals.
• Provide ongoing feedback, coaching, and training to enhance the sales team's likelihood of success in their jobs.
• Manage the sales forecast accuracy.
• Conduct regular sales team meetings and pipeline reviews.
• Track and reduce contract change orders.
• Review and measure Opportunity to closing conversion rates from multiple lead sources.
• Monitor and reduce Regional DQ Opportunities.
• Drive improvements in the sales process and organization to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of team.
• Partner with Recruiting to assess and hire top sales talent and build strong teams.
• Interface with Regional Operations Managers, Sales Operations, and other departments to support regional growth.
The ideal candidate must have the following skills and qualifications:
• A minimum of five years successful sales management experience in PV integrator, energy related, high tech, construction industry, or high transaction volume home based selling environment.
• Must have strong PC skills and experience with MS Office and CRM tools.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Advnaced understanding of CRM tools with demonstrated methodology of pipeline management.
• Presentation and demonstration of sales process and tools also required.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, business or marketing -MBA degree preferred- or exceptional sales and leadership experience.
• Competent in assessing customer needs, building relationships, and identifying sales opportunities.
• Highly self directed with solid time-management and organization skills.
• Able to travel frequently to San Mateo, CA (HQ) and within the Region
• Paid training with the nation's leader in solar power and energy efficiency
• Company car provided
• Full benefits including health, vision, dental insurance
• 401k plan and pre-public stock options
SolarCity®, a national leader in clean energy products and services, provides homeowners, business and government organizations cleaner, more affordable alternatives to their utility bills. The company makes it simple for customers to lock in lower, long-term rates for clean energy by providing everything from financing, permitting and installation to ongoing monitoring and maintenance. The U.S. Department of Energy named SolarCity a Green Power Supplier of the Year in 2010, and Fast Company Magazine called it one of the 50 most innovative companies in the world in 2011. SolarCity's 25 locations serve thousands of communities in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, Oregon, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Washington.