Independent Energy Solutions
Commensurate with Experience
Human Resources Director
The role of the Director of Engineering (Electrical) is to establish and direct the overall objectives, ensures deadlines are met, and initiatives of an engineering department. Develops ideas for PV system enhancements and oversees the creation and improvement of elements and system components that involve the engineering department. Provides engineering expertise to other teams where needed.
· Review all drawings for accuracy.
· Primary internal contacts are with entire organization through daily contact and problem-solving oriented team meetings. Key external contacts include industry, contractors and vendors.
· Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
· Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· Ensure product quality. Direct the timely resolution of all product liability issues. Comply with State and Federal regulations. Minimize legal exposure and/or liabilities of the corporations. Reviewing project requirements, RFP’s and proposals
· Completing jobsite visits as required to evaluate site conditions, electrical tie-ins, and other items that will impact system design and constructability.
· Evaluating Fire Department Requirements and incorporate requirements into designs
· Creating Array Layouts and Single-Line Electrical Drawings for Rooftop, Ground-mounted, and Solar Carport Structures (both grid-tied and off grid)
· Working closely with Electrical and Structural Engineering firms as necessary
· Facilitating both internal and external plan review processes
· Initiating requests for meter & main AC disconnect switch location approvals with relevant utility
· Assist in initiating CSI reservation application process to CCSE or other facilitator
· Creating Bills of Materials based on project design drawings
· Performing wire sizing and voltage drop calculations
· Facilitating final sign-offs with engineering firms, and client representatives.
· Obtain PE stamps/ signatures
· Prepare submittal drawings "For Construction". Obtain permits and notices to proceed
· Prepare as-built drawings
· Create and submit Operation and Maintenance Manuals
“Plus” Qualifications desired:
Key Qualities and Experience: