My client is a leading project developer in the solar energy sector, having produced close to 300 MW of solar energy capacity on a global basis.
My client is seeking a Construction Project Manager to oversee a multi-megawatt PV project.
• Maintain the project schedule and budget time required to meet deadlines.
• Monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
• Interpret, explain, and negotiate plans or revisions of contract terms to the contractor on behalf of the owner or developer.
• Supervise staff and contractors.
• Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
• Requisition supplies and materials in order to maintain the construction schedule.
• Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress by evaluating construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness with the use of project tracking tools.
• Implement quality assurance programs.
• Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
• Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve procedures, change orders, and construction problems.
• Plan and organize activities concerned with the construction of structures, facilities, and systems.
• Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
• Audits general/subcontractor’s safety inspection activities.
• Assures that the general/subcontractor meets the requirements as established in Environmental Safety Health Doc DB Document 705-v4
• Must have a Bachelor's degree (BA/BS)
• Must possess the OSHA 10 hour safety certificate and attain OSHA 30 hour safety certification within the first year of employment.
• Strong track record of successful project delivery at a General Contractor/Construction Management Firm
• Ten plus years of experience in general construction, with at least seven in an project management capacity
• Strategic mindset and the ability to communicate effectively both internally within the company and externally with clients and partners
• Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Computer literacy - project management applications
• Ability to travel
• Ability to communicate across all levels of an organization
For more information please send a Word copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, call us on +44 (0) 203 005 5560, or visit www.viridiumassociates.com. No PDFs please. We can only respond to applicants with relevant experience as detailed above.