My client is a leading project developer in the solar energy sector, having produced close to 300 MW of solar energy capacity on a global basis.
My client is seeking self-starters that have exceptional analytical capabilities and strong intellectual curiosity. Prior analytical and financial modelling experience is required. Transactional experience is a plus.
• Understand commodity trading markets (specifically US REC markets)
• Evaluate different REC contract economics, project finance structures, and support corporate objective
• Understand state REC program dynamics and utility obligations for the state Renewable Portfolio Standards
• Manage monthly REC delivery obligations
• Analyze financial results and communicate performance and pricing impacts
• Work directly with lenders/underwriters and equity and JV partners to support solar project due diligence and develop innovative financing solutions
• Develop a deep understanding of different transactional documents including Power Purchase Agreements, Term Sheets, REC contracts, and subsidy contracts.
• Streamline the financial close out process by working with cross-functional teams.
• Foresee potential problems and develop solutions.
• Learn the intricacies of different US incentive regimes (PBI, rebates, RECs, state tax credits)
• Understand the attributes of different solar technologies to help educate the traditional project finance community on the solar power asset class
• Research tax law, in conjunction with tax counsel, to develop optimal contracts and financing structures.
• Must have a Bachelor's degree (BA/BSc)
• Minimum 1-5 years of work experience and prior transactional experience working within project finance, asset-backed finance, M&A, investment banking, real estate, or private equity is a plus o Preference given to commodities trading experience
• Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
• Familiarity with REC tracking systems (GATS, NEPOOL, WREGIS)
• Desire to work in an a rapidly growing early stage company in the renewable energy field
• Strong computational and analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills in both oral and written English
• Project management and complex financial modelling experience
• Understanding of basic accounting statements: balance sheet, cash flow, income statement
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
• Solar or renewable energy industry experience a plus
For more information please send a Word copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, call us on +44 (0) 203 005 5560, or visit www.viridiumassociates.com. No PDFs please. We can only respond to applicants with relevant experience as detailed above