My client is leading company specialized in acquiring and developing projects across different industries and within the renewable space, the operate in the solar, wind and biogas sectors. With offices in Europe, The US and South America, they are continually growing and now they are looking for a Construction Project Manager to be based in Brazil
They are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Project Manager to assist the Project Director and the Asset manager, and to be the link between them and the power plants.
• Building and Constructing power plants
• Due Diligence relating to specific projects, potential contractors and new projects
• Manage and assist operations activities
• Responsible for plants performances
• Lead and deal with subcontractors
• Ensure all deals meet revenue and margin expectations
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships with clients, other work units, local representatives, subcontractors, unions and other stakeholders
• Demonstrate leadership in the area of safety; which requires observing and enforcing safety rules and practices, holding people accountable for safe work behaviours, and promptly correcting conditions and unsafe behaviours which may lead to accidents
• Performs all management duties including, but not limited to, budgeting, hiring, performance reviews, coordinating and scheduling work, salary recommendations, discipline, ensure employees report to work fit for duty, leadership, grievance resolution, coaching & counselling
• Ensure the timely preparation and distribution of construction reporting requirements and integration with project reports
• Office and documentation activities (budgets, administration, business plans...)
• Strong educational background, undergraduate degree in engineering: civil, electrical or mechanical.
• Minimum 2- years experience solar experience, with a proven track record in the development and construction of solar photovoltaic (PV) projects, if not we will consider people from other energy industries.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Project Manager.
• Demonstrated negotiation, problem solving and organizational skills.
• English and Portuguese and English, Spanish is a plus.
• Willing to travel 50% of the time to the countries where they operate.
• Demonstrate effective leadership skills
• Demonstrate financial skills such as the budget process, how to interpret and understand financial reports, and financial evaluations
• Demonstrate effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Demonstrate ability to use computer software programs (e.g., e‐mail, word processing, spreadsheet, and project management)
• Demonstrate success in project management.
Solar PV, strong engineering and/ or business related background, experience in construction of commercial and large-scale solar PV projects , experience with EPC and O&M contracts, team leadership. Brazil, Portuguese, English.
For more information please send a Word copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, call us on +44 (0) 203 005 5560, or visit www.viridiumassociates.com. No PDFs please. We can only respond to applicants with relevant experience as detailed above.