The District of Columbia Sustainable Energy Utility (DC SEU) was created to design, develop, and deliver energy efficiency and renewable energy services to District households, businesses, and institutions. We are committed to delivering these services by recruiting, hiring, and training local District residents.
**APPLICANTS, PLEASE NOTE - At this time we are only able to consider resumes from residents of the District of Columbia**
Please visit www.dcseu.com/jobs for the complete job description. Interested District residents should apply using the "Apply Online" link by Wednesday, November 7th.
The Manager, Engineering develops and proactively implements the engineering team’s strategic plans and initiatives. Collaborates with the Director of Account Management on achieving savings goals and incentive targets. Supervises engineering and operational staff. Provides technical mentorship to the engineering staff on complex savings analysis and calculations. Identifies, advocates for and advises on energy efficiency improvements in new construction and existing commercial, institutional and multi-family buildings and facilities. Participates in the development and delivery of technical energy efficiency services. Works to maximize the implementation of cost effective energy efficiency measures in while contributing to a mission-driven, creative, enjoyable and stimulating work environment.
- Strong personal commitment to the mission, vision, goals and values of DC SEU.
- Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical, electrical or related engineering field
plus a minimum of eight years’ experience analyzing multifamily, commercial or
industrial energy use, identifying opportunities for energy improvements, and
assisting customers or a combination of education and experience from which
comparable knowledge and skills were acquired.
- Masters of Engineering Management highly desirable.
- Experience with direct supervision of engineers or other technical staff.
- Excellent understanding of building science and facilities, building energy use,
building construction, and energy analysis techniques. Must have demonstrated
and successful experience with large scale commercial/industrial projects,
ability to read plans and construction documents, and familiarity with the
Washington DC energy code.
- Excellent with mobile PC applications and tablet computer use, building energy
modeling tools, spreadsheet, word processing and database software.
- Knowledge of relevant codes and standards and recognized internally and
externally as an expert in at least three significant areas of technical and/or