My Client is one of the world's leading renewable energy developers. Drawing on decades of experience in the renewable energy sector.
They operate a unique mixed model, developing their own projects but also providing development, engineering and technical consultancy services to developers and owners of wind, wave and tidal projects. They have played major roles in the development, construction and operation of projects in UK Rounds 1, 2 and 3 and are growing their business both in the UK and other markets. Their consultancy services cover all stages of a project's life from development through to operation and all elements from turbines through to the grid.
My client is seeking a Business Development Manager who can take the lead on developing and securing opportunities for delivering a wide range of services in this fast growing and exciting sector.
The role of the Business Development Manager is to lead the development and growth of the My clients offshore consultancy business, developing the range of services provided and the customer base across the UK and other markets. To do this the Business Development Manager will:
• Develop a strategy and a business plan for the consultancy business, identifying the services that could be provided, the customers, volume of business and the resources needed to deliver them
• Develop a Business Development plan for achieving the business plan
• Lead the implementation of the Business Development plan by, for example:
o Identifying and meeting with potential customers and supply chain partners to develop and maintain relationships
o Identifying potential business opportunities
o Developing and drafting proposals and bids for customers, liaising as necessary with the rest of the offshore business, and legal and commercial colleagues
o Managing bids through to the award of contracts
o Work with the my clients department managers to ensure the departments' staff resources are being developed to be able to deliver the business. This will include developing staffing plans with their department managers
• Keep abreast of the offshore renewable market
• Contribute to the marketing effort, including attending conferences and seminars
• Liaise in all these matters with the Head of Business Development
• Have experience of working in a business development position that has required developing new services, and/or is experienced in the offshore wind professional services sector
• Have extensive experience in working for an engineering-based organisation
• Be able to demonstrate having had a major role in setting up professional services contracts with values in excess of circa £200k
• Have commercial acumen, for example understanding how services can be delivered to achieve target profit margins
• Have the ability to work at both a strategic level to put together a business plan, and a detailed level when developing proposals and managing bids
• Be able to develop new ideas and concepts for services within a sector that is growing fast and where delivery models are changing
• Be persuasive with potential customers, suppliers and partners
• Be able to communicate well. This includes in person and in writing when preparing bids and proposals
• Be able to collaborate across different groups within my client
• Be able to demonstrate ethical behaviour
Please note this position requires travel to various client sites throughout the UK and the EU.