Area: Biomass, Gasification, Netherlands, Renewable Energy
Chemical Engineer, Netherlands, Negotiable
My client is a Consulting & Engineering company and deploys over 500 highly educated employeneurs, specialists and consultants with various clients on a project basis. Clients include Philips, ASML, Océ, TNO, Academic Hospital Maastricht, DSM, Nuon-Heliantos, Essent, Vebo, the Ministry of Defence and the Municipality of Amsterdam. The company is often closely involved in the core development(s) of its clients.
In this position you are responsible for the gasification process of biomass. You will be working in a team of 10 people and will be reporting straight to the Senior Engineer. They are looking to talk someone on board who is willing to as well travel internationally.
- working on new biomass projects and developments
- researching new technologies
- gasification of biomass
- improve the overall process of SNG (Synthetic Natural Gas)
- Responsible for parameters like temperature, gas phase residence time, oxidant, bed material and composition of the biomass are experimentally screened
- Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering required
- Eindhoven University degree a plus
- Minimum 3 years experience within the chemical, refining, coal gasification and/or synthesis gas industries is required
- Sound knowledge of basic and theoretical Chemical engineering principles required
- Willingness to develop new engineering ideas and concepts from inception to implementation needed
- Knowledge and experience with kinetic modelling for reactor design, fluidized bed reactor technology, and/or operating units is a plus.
- Ability to provide guidance to less experience designers and engineers required
- good sense of humour
- being a hand-on person
- willing to learn
- Eindhoven Degree is a high plus
- speak English
- speak Dutch is a plus
- work permit for EU
For more information please send a Word copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, call us on +44 (0) 203 005 5560, or visit www.viridiumassociates.com. No PDFs please. We can only respond to applicants with relevant experience as detailed above.