My client is a global manufacturer of high quality photovoltaic modules and developer of solar power projects. They have seen significant success across Asia, America and Europe and are currently looking for an experienced project developer with both a technical and commercial awareness in the development of large scale power plants to bring on board to help with the aggressive growth plans they have in the Indian market.
A successful candidate will need to have both technical and commercial acumen to ensure that the projects that they originate are not only technically feasible but also economically viable. It is key that you are able to develop relationships, have strong negotiation and pricing skills and also have the technical understanding to ensure that projects are being completed correctly. This is an exciting opportunity for a project engineer with or junior project developer with a strong commercial and technical awareness to take the next step in their career.
• Be an active member of the project development team responsible for the origination, development and sales of international large scale solar photovoltaic (PV) projects up to financial close
• Assessing profitability of projects and successful development including the preparation of land for construction
• Identify, assess and create project development opportunities
• Project negotiations (with diverse project partners like local developers, IPPs or utilities)
• Will be conducting market analysis and feasibility and risk assessment studies on a daily basis
• Negotiation and acquisition of lease agreements and securing grid connections and building permits
• Identification of project sites, land procurement, licensing
• Feasibility studies (site qualification, etc.)
• Project financing
• Must be Educated to BSc or MSc in engineering, project management or equivalent qualification of relevance
• Minimum 2-3 years experience, with a proven track record in the development and management of solar photovoltaic (PV) projects
• Must have extensive experience in identifying and assessing project development opportunities
• Have a knowledge of project financing cycle
• Have experience in liaising with senior management and clients
• Must have excellent negotiation skills
• Have experience in conducting market analysis and identifying new opportunities.
• Willing to travel extensively
• Speak fluent English