My client is a well established and leading German manufacturer specialized in solar market. They produce thin film solar cells and modules and they stand out against other companies due to their entrepreneurial and innovative production of plastic films combining the latest technology. Due to their continuous grow, they are looking to hire a Business Development Manager to be based in Leipzig who will be responsible for the company’s development in an international level.
The business developer will need to have both technical and commercial acumen to ensure that the projects that they originate are not only technically feasible but also economically viable. It is key that you are able to develop relationships, have strong negotiation and pricing skills and also have the technical understanding to ensure that projects are being completed correctly.
• Identify, assess and create project development opportunities
• Will be conducting market analysis and feasibility and risk assessment studies on a daily basis
• Negotiation and acquisition of lease agreements and securing grid connections and building permits
• Will manage big accounts
• Assessing profitability of projects and successful development including the preparation of land for construction
• Identification of project sites, land procurement, licensing
• Feasibility studies (site qualification, etc.)
• Project negotiations (with diverse project partners like local developers, IPPs or utilities)
• Project financing
• Educated to BSc/in Economics or Industrial Engineering.
• Commercial related degree are a plus.
• Al least 4 years of experience identifying and assessing project development opportunities
• Must have excellent negotiation skills
• Must be someone proactive
• Have experience in conducting market analysis and identifying new opportunities.
• Fluent in both German and English, third language is a plus.
• Willingness to travel.
Key Skills: solar, business development, BD, Germany, German, negotiation, PV, project, origination, plants, market analysis
For more information please send a Word copy of your CV to email@example.com, call us on +44 (0) 203 005 5560, or visit www.viridiumassociates.com. No PDFs please. We can only respond to applicants with relevant experience as detailed above