My client are a reputable and highly recognised electricity generator, operating both nationally and globally and with a vested interest in the future of renewable energy is seeking a highly experienced Wind Turbine Engineer.
The company strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation and have a road map for achieving climate neutrality by 2050. Investment in wind power is an important cornerstone for delivering this road map.
The Wind Turbine Engineer will be core team member for the engineering and construction elements of EAOW. Working for the Turbine’s Package Manager in EAOW, the individual will be responsible for delivering technical and commercial inputs on work packages for wind turbines from development and design through to commissioning.
• Managing, co-ordinating and delivering own tasks on work packages for wind turbines from development/detailed design through to commissioning.
• Delivering wind turbine work packages within Health and Safety and Environmental project objectives.
• Working as the UK based WTG technical specialist within a team of other specialists in Denmark, Germany, Sweden and Madrid.
• Delivering wind turbine work packages within financial project objectives.
• Delivering wind turbine work packages within Programme project objectives.
• Project Control, Quality and Risk management of wind turbine work packages.
• In the wider role actively participate in further development of Wind Power offshore concepts and providing engineering support to other offshore projects.
• Represent EAOW and company at industry level.
Degree qualified in an engineering/ mechanical field
• Extensive technical experience within the wind turbine industry or very closely related industry
• Experience in drafting and participating in negotiation of Employer's Requirements in relation to the Turbine Supply Agreement
• Understanding of WTG drivetrains, and electrical generation.
• Experience to operate in large scale matrix organizations and Joint Ventures
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Experience of multi-megawatt WTGs
• Good understanding of the interaction between electrical and mechanical components
• Previous experience in offshore wind.
• Understanding of WTG structures, blades, power electronics, park control, SCADA, O&M.
• Understanding of wind engineering concepts such as wake effects, and wind resource assessment.
For more information please send a Word copy of your CV to email@example.com, call us on +44 (0) 203 005 5560, or visit www.viridiumassociates.com. No PDFs please. We can only respond to applicants with relevant experience as detailed above