Site Manager, Munich, Germany €50k-€65k + Bonus
My client is a leading global vertically integrated solar module manufacturer and turnkey solar system solution provider.
This key role will be based on the project site and will report to the VP of Project Management & Execution. The Site Manager will be responsible for managing, executing and supervising all construction activities on an assigned PV project site.
• Support the completion of preliminary engineering, detailed specifications and construction and supply contracts.
• Monitor and oversee all civil, structural, mechanical and electrical work on the project to ensure it meets contract obligations; maintain a hands-on approach to training and supporting sub-contractors’ in-field work efforts.
• Review and be familiar with vendor requirements and assure that equipment is installed in a manner so as not to void warranties.
• Take proactive lead position in learning specific technical details for solar PV project racking installation details.
• Contribute to the development of detailed project management and construction plans and schedules.
• Take proactive lead position in learning specific technical details for solar PV project construction details.
• Maintain strong presence in front of sub-contractor(s), supporting and managing sub-contractors execution of work while maintain my clients high quality standards.
• Assist in the hiring of competent field staff to ensure adequate resources are in place for effective and timely execution of projects.
• Manage project construction activities ensuring Quality, Schedule, Cost, Environmental and Landowner requirements are met or exceeded.
• Direct the execution of work in accordance with approved contracts and ensure compliance.
• Provide a safe and secure project site for all project participants.
• Develop effective relationships with contractors, suppliers, landowners and the community.
• Provide supervision and guidance to subordinate staff.
• Must have Electrical Engineering Degree.
Core Requirements: Description of tasks:
• 3+ years of technical, engineering and construction experience including a minimum of 2 years of construction management experience.
• Demonstrated experience with EPC type projects is required. Experience in the engineering and construction of solar projects is a plus.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Perform cost/benefits analysis, both the short and long versions.
• Be proficient in short and long range planning techniques.
• Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to plan, coordinate, and analyze situations.
• Thorough understanding of construction contracts and associated paperwork requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to give presentations and perform training in both the management and technical areas, in addition to developing such programs.
• Demonstrated people skills, both inside and outside the project team, such as motivation, team building, conflict resolution, and resource allocation.
• Demonstrated efficiency in managing multi-disciplinary tasks.
Solar PV, negotiations experience, sales experience, solar product (wafers, ingots, modules and/or inveters) sales experience and team leadership