Strategic Energy Innovations
The position is unpaid, but expect significant development of their communications skills and networking opportunities. Our staff invests the time and resources to ensure that their commitment is meaningful and productive for both parties.
Strategic Energy Innovations (SEI) is seeking a volunteer to support communications and online media that inform and promote our non-profit, mission-driven programs and related activities. This is a part-time, unpaid position, based out of our San Rafael, Marin County office. SEI volunteers commit approximately 50 hours a month for a minimum of period of 3 months. We are seeking to fill this position as soon as possible. Volunteer applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with the volunteer start date and duration negotiated on an individualized basis.
About SEI and our Programs
SEI creates green communities by designing sustainability programs around four key sectors that make up the foundation of all communities: education, housing, government, and the workforce. And because we understand the many facets of sustainability, we’re able to see the big picture and pinpoint opportunities to help these communities reach their goals. Under the leadership of our creative and resourceful team, our clients reduce their consumption of natural resources and enjoy quantifiable savings. For more information about SEI’s programs visit our website at www.seiinc.org, and like us on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/StrategicEnergyInnovations.
Volunteer Needs and Associated Responsibilities
- Social Media: Support SEI’s presence on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn by writing posts and updates.
- Website: Support regular updates and design of the SEI website.
- Case Studies: Work with SEI staff to craft case studies of our program success stories.
- Brochures: Assist with modifying nad updating the design and content of our brochures.
- Video: Support the ongoing development of short videos of our organization and our signature programs and projects by planning story boards, shooting video, taking photos, conducting interviews, and editing.
No phone calls please. Strategic Energy Innovations is an equal opportunity employer.
Upon receipt and review of your application, a staff member will contact you and address next steps. We will seek to fill this volunteer position based on the candidate response and near-term program/project needs.
Generally, SEI volunteers will possess a basic familiarity with the Internet and the Microsoft Office software (e.g.: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) Qualified candidates will also evidence strong written and verbal communication skills, in addition to the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline, environmental studies, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Ability to commit to a minimum of 150 hours over the course of a 3-month period
- Strong verbal, written and creative thinking skills
- Ability to research, organize and synthesize information
- Prior communications and social media knowledge a plus
- Education / community outreach experience a plus