Real Goods Solar, Inc.
Company: Real Goods Solar
Job Title: Solar Power Consultant
Reports to:Sales Manager
Locations in CA: Fresno, San Jose, San Rafael, Orange, and Inland Empire
Why Work With Us?
At Real Goods Solar, our employees are our most valuable asset. Our people take pride in their solar careers and their ability to make a difference in the world. Most are here because they believe in the ideas of clean energy and a sustainable way of life, and passion like this creates an infectious, collaborative and dynamic work environment. By working together and staying focused on our commitment to remaining the leading provider of turnkey commercial and residential solar energy solutions we make Real Goods Solar a place where people want to work, contribute, and stay.
The Solar Power Consultant delivers sales presentations to prospects (primarily home owners and some small businesses) and generates partnerships through networking activities. S/he must be outgoing, friendly, and naturally enjoy working with a myriad of individuals. The ideal candidate will not only be personable, but also will understand robust pipeline and network management skills.
QUALITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide in-home consultation based on a structured sales process, leading to the sale of solar electric systems
• Excel in communication and interpersonal skills
• Follow up before and after sale and installation to ensure customer satisfaction
• Network, create, and foster long standing referral relationships
• Comfortable utilizing online tools to develop system design and quotes
• Manage and develop a pipeline of contacts and prospects within an assigned territory.
• Strong technical acumen with ability to quickly learn new technologies
• Drive revenue to achieve goals
• Highly confident and goal oriented self-starter with a strong detail oriented work ethic
• Ability to meet deadlines under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Thrive in quota-driven environment
• Maintain necessary reporting metrics using Salesforce CRM
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
• Strong presentation skills and the ability to speak to home and business owners
• Professional appearance
• Energetic, positive, enthusiastic, self-directing team-player
• Willingness to work a variety of hours including evenings and weekends
• Computer savvy
• Excellent closing skills
• Passion for green energy -- specifically renewables a plus.
• Employee must be able to walk customer's property which may include varying terrain.
• Employee must be able to carry up to 20 pounds of equipment including: solar analysis device, laptop, printer and binder.
• Employee may take measurements from ground using telescoping solar analysis device.
When submitting your resume and cover letter, please indicate which location you are applying for (Fresno, San Jose, San Rafael, Orange, Inland Empire).