$10 + Commission
Join us, grow, and be a part of the solution. REC Solar believes in providing great opportunities for our employees. Many of our current leadership team started at REC Solar right out of college. With 15 office locations and counting and a commitment to improving the planet, we provide a genuine ground-floor opportunity with a conscience.
The primary responsibility of the Lead Generator is to work in events, especially retail events, and occasionally to walk through neighborhoods that are deemed to be the correct customer demographic for our business and have many "solar ready" homes.
The Lead Generator's key goal is to set appointments for our Residential Sales Consultants by qualifying solar ready customers either at the events or after observing the home and roof orientation to determine suitability for solar. Lead Generators will need to communicate how an appointment with our Consultants will benefit the homeowner using a standard script and qualification process. Lead Generators who have passed the authorized event and solar 101 assessment tests, can also work in events to set appointments for our Sales team by qualifying solar-ready customers attending the event, then recording and distributing that information accurately within our policies and procedures.
· Learn and memorize a script quickly and deliver with enthusiasm with each homeowner;
· Attend training to learn basic solar information and REC Solar specific processes;
· Visit neighborhoods and streets that are determined to be good potential market for solar, and identify good homes within these neighborhoods to approach;
· Speak with homeowners regarding the benefits of solar;
· Perform a solar "needs analysis" for homeowners;
· Qualify homeowners as potential customers for REC Solar;
· Set appointments with homeowners and an REC Solar Sales Consultant;
· Meet minimum performance standards of numbers of qualified appointments set as established by the National Canvass Manager;
· Tally results in the field for each home they encounter in the neighborhood;
· Report daily results to the Supervisor.
High School diploma required, plus some college-level education preferred;
· Ability to work 12-28 hours per week;
· Must have excellent verbal communication skills;
· Ability to learn the basics of solar, and to perform a simple site survey.
· Ability to learn and memorize a script quickly and deliver with enthusiasm.
· Comfortable speaking with unfamiliar people;
· Ability to ask questions about a homeowner’s electricity usage and rates, age and composition of roofs, ability to take advantage of financing and determine if the homeowner's usage pattern qualifies them as a good candidate for solar.
· Must have reliable transportation,
· Must be well-groomed and presentable, with a friendly personality.
Physical Demands/Essentials Functions:
Prolonged standing/walking must have the ability to walk and stand for 4 to 8 hours while working events/canvassing.
· Good vision and hearing
· Manual and Pedal dexterity
· Light physical effort, including carrying literature
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
REC Solar conducts background checks and drug tests on all final candidates. Candidates must have valid drivers license, acceptable driving record and background check, and clean drug test results.
At REC Solar we consider the environmental impact of our business decisions whenever possible. To minimize paper waste, we request that all candidates send resumes via our website at:
REC Solar's vision is to make solar electricity part of the mainstream energy supply. By commercializing energy sources that reduce greenhouse gas emissions and reliance on fossil fuels, we can contribute to a more secure and sustainable world.
At REC Solar We Are Always Working To: