Strategic Energy Innovations
Stipend at a rate equivalent to the range of $17,500 - $21,000 over a 12-month period
Mid 2013 – 2014 (approximate)
Strategic Energy Innovations
San Rafael CA
Strategic Energy Innovations (SEI) is seeking a dedicated individual, passionate about working in the non-profit sector, to provide a year of service as a full-time, paid fellow for a cutting edge organization focused on designing innovative solutions to address community climate, energy and resource efficiency goals. SEI’s Nonprofit Leadership Fellow will have the opportunity to work directly with our Executive Director, in addition working in one or more of our primary program areas (Eco-Smart Education, Green Housing, and Sustainable Communities,) depending on candidate background/ interests and our need for project development and support. This is a full-time (approximately 12-month) paid position, based out of our San Rafael, Marin County Office. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with the intended mid-year start date (exact dates to be negotiated.) This position offers exceptional training and professional development and exposure in the areas of climate/energy sustainability and non-profit fundraising/ management.
About SEI And our Programs
We are a Marin County-based non-profit organization with a 15-year history, dedicated to actions that sustain our planet. SEI creates green communities by designing sustainability programs around four key sectors that make up the foundation of all communities: education, housing, government, and the workforce. And because we understand the many facets of sustainability, we’re able to see the big picture and pinpoint opportunities to help these communities reach their goals, reduce their consumption of natural resources and enjoy quantifiable savings. Our staff works within teams to support each other on projects and to creatively develop new and effective models. For more information about SEI’s programs visit our website at www.seiinc.org.
· Work on special projects under direction of SEI’s Executive Director
· Team-based grant writing and proposal development
· Hands-on support for an innovative environmental leadership high school academy, along with other climate/ sustainable energy projects as candidate interests & schedule permits
· Commitment to regular (once a month on average) significant professional training
· Career coaching throughout the year and end-of-fellowship career search support
· Formal goal setting and periodic performance reviews/ feedback
Support Areas and Associated Responsibilities
This fellow will work on planning and implementing cutting edge resource efficiency programs, with exposure to key components of program design, promotion/ fundraising, implementation, reporting and evaluation:
This position offers a stipend at a rate equivalent to the range of $17,500 - $21,000 over a 12-month period, based on candidate qualifications and prorated based on availability. Beyond monetary compensation, this fellowship affords the candidate significant technical skill and non-profit leadership skills development, fieldwork and networking opportunities.
Email cover letter and resume to us at Jobs202@seiinc.org. Please indicate in your cover letter your availability to start and the support area(s) (listed above) for which you are most interested/ qualified.
No phone calls please. Strategic Energy Innovations is an equal opportunity employer.
The qualified candidate is highly skilled working across the Microsoft suite of office automation software (e.g.: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) Qualified candidates will also evidence strong quantitative, written and verbal communication skills, in addition to the following:
- Experience working in environmental education in a high school (or similar) setting;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills that includes case study development and leading small group trainings and/or presentations;
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced coursework a plus) in a quantitative discipline, environmental studies, or related field or equivalent work experience;
- Demonstrated experience with efficient web research and information synthesis;
- Ability to work full-time out of our San Rafael office, and willingness to engage in limited travel in the Northern California region.
- Desired qualifications:
§ Strong analytic skills, experience with Excel (building spreadsheets, formulas and data manipulation,) math or science background
§ Basic knowledge of core energy efficiency and building science concepts
§ Prior energy, climate change work experience
§ Working knowledge of greenhouse gas emissions related activities and current policies and programs
§ Understanding of financial analysis or modeling
§ Marketing/community outreach experience
§ Web/Video Experience