Job Title: Field Marketing Canvasser (Part-Time)
Reports To: Canvassing Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Boston, MA/Greater Boston Area
Summary: Work as part of two-person canvassing team. Serve as a brand ambassador by representing Next Step Living in neighborhoods across the Greater Boston Area. You will learn all integral aspects of the business, inclusive of Home Efficiency, Solar, Windows, and Heat Pump programs, and will work to identify leads and set appointments on behalf of Next Step Living’s Programs.
This is an exciting opportunity to help a mission driven company connect energy saving services and products to the families that need them the most!!
· Promote and Explain the benefits of Next Step Living solutions to homeowners
· Follow all process and scripting provided by management.
· Obtain qualified leads and referrals from homeowners.
· Maintain personal quotas and consistently hit appointment and demo goals.
· Provide any necessary feedback that will assist with the strategy around our targeted canvassing campaign.
· Ability to professionally represent Next Step Living, in addition to maintaining a positive attitude and image.
· Preferably a strong passion around energy efficiency.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Must have your own reliable transportation, preferably with GPS.
· Must pass extensive pre-employment national criminal background check and drug screening and have a valid driver’s license with at least three (3) year’s clean driving record.
· Knowledge of MS Office applications and Contact Management software.
· Experience with Salesforce CRM would be a plus!
· Must have the ability to communicate effectively (i.e. present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public).
· Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, subcontractors, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
· Organized problem solver with excellent communication skills.
· Attendance/Punctuality - Consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrive at meetings and appointments on time.
· Ability to be trained in new techniques and program guidelines when/if necessary and apply those trainings to day-to-day operations.
Next Step Living is a residential energy efficiency and renewables company that believes good things happen when you save energy in your home. Often with a few basic fixes, you can reduce your utility bill and make your home more comfortable at the same time. Energy efficiency also means cleaner air and local employment.
Next Step Living was founded with three core values in mind. It is these values that drive NSL to continually succeed in fulfilling our commitment:
We are professional in every aspect of our organization. This begins with our staff in the field whose expertise is only matched by their respect for the homeowner and love for their work. Furthermore, our professional approach as an organization enables us to build trusting relationships with companies, communities, and utilities.
Whether we are saving money or saving the climate, our work is important and we must take a rigorous approach to every aspect of our service. A scientific understanding is the basis behind the analysis we perform, the recommendations we make, and the savings we achieve.
Every home we serve is an opportunity to educate and excite somebody about the possible economic and environmental benefits of energy efficiency. We hope that when our customers think about how they improved their home, community, and planet, they will also think about their positive experience with Next Step Living.