The Field Marketing Supervisor is a position created to supervise Canvassers and Lead Generators to provide qualified leads and appointments for the Residential Solar Consultants, and drive business through the Field Marketing organization in each region.
The Field Marketing Supervisor will assist in Supervising and supporting Lead Generators, and ensuring that all retail events are fully staffed by the Lead Generators. This will include recruitment, training, performance tracking, performance management, and scheduling of event work for all Lead Generators in the branch. The position may include some event work when necessary to cover retail event schedules. Non-retail events will also be coordinated by the Field Marketing Supervisor when necessary.
The Field Marketing Supervisor will assist in supervising and supporting Canvassers, including territory mapping, recruiting, training, performance tracking and staff management. The position will include some canvassing by the Field Marketing Supervisor as well to augment lead generation and train canvassers in the field. The candidate will have excellent organizational skills, solid verbal and written communication skills, some supervisory experience, and preferably canvassing or event experience.
Duties and responsibilities
- Working with Human Resources and outside Staffing Partners to source Lead Generator & Canvasser candidates for the regional branch office(s) that they supervise.
- Hiring and on-boarding of Lead Generators & Canvassers, including interviews, hire paperwork completion, and coordinating the background checks.
- Training of Lead Generators & Canvassers to develop their skills and increase the results that come from the canvass team in their branch(es).
- Run regular scheduled in-person training with the Lead Generators & Canvassers to be sure they are actively working on the talk track and ability to overcome objections.
- Supervise performance of Lead Generators & Canvassers to baseline performance goals created with the National Canvass Manager.
- Coordinate staffing levels at retail events, and occasionally non-retail events when needed.
- Confirm retail staffing and schedule 2 days prior to the retail event.
- Coordinate the area to be canvassed and obtain proper permits.
- Track the daily results of the canvass & event campaigns – doors knocked, contacts made, appointments set and systems sold.
- Enter leads and appointments generated by the Lead Generators & Canvassers daily into the CRM (Salesforce), or monitor the leads entered into web-lead forms by Field Marketing staff for quick follow up by the Sales team.
- Work with the National Canvass Manager to ensure each retail event, & canvass campaign is working with the goals of the team as a whole.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with direct customer contact or canvassing experience.
• Solid computer skills, including MS Office and preferably some CRM experience, including ability to create and run reports. Salesforce experience preferred but not mandatory.
• Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills, self-starter, ability to work with little supervision.
• High-school diploma or AA degree, Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Experience Supervising and/or managing a team of individuals, preferably with proven ability to hold accountable to performance standards.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug test, background check and have acceptable driving record.
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package designed to reward you for your hard work and performance. Our benefits include competitive base pay, paid time off and health and welfare benefits such as medical, dental, vision and 401K.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
REC Solar conducts background checks and drug tests on all final candidates. Candidates must have valid drivers license, acceptable driving record and background check, and clean drug test results.
At REC Solar we consider the environmental impact of our business decisions whenever possible. To minimize paper waste, we request that all candidates send resumes via our website.
REC Solar's vision is to make solar electricity part of the mainstream energy supply. By commercializing energy sources that reduce greenhouse gas emissions and reliance on fossil fuels, we can contribute to a more secure and sustainable world.
At REC Solar We Are Always Working To: