Gladstein, Neandross & Associates
Transportation Advanced vehicles
Santa Monica, CA
With offices in Santa Monica, California and New York City, Gladstein, Neandross and Associates (GNA) is one of the nation's leading clean transportation and energy consulting firms that specializes in the promotion and commercialization of advanced emission control technologies, alternative fuels, and low carbon and renewable energy solutions. GNA works closely with industry, business, government and communities to develop strategies and expand markets for environmentally friendly products and services as well as raise awareness about policies and technologies that promote liveable and sustainable communities. For over 20 years GNA has been nationally recognized for its development of innovative and cost-effective solutions to air quality, energy diversity and transportation problems. The company’s success is a result of wide-ranging experience; commitment to excellence; technical aptitude; in-depth understanding of public policy and grant funding programs; and extensive strategic relationships with multiple stakeholder groups.
GNA is seeking to hire a senior associate level position in its Santa Monica office that will support existing clients and projects and help foster the development of new relationships and business opportunities. This position will be involved with clients who are developing and deploying technologies to provide low-carbon, base load power, communities that seek to develop Climate Action and Sustainable Development programs, and promoting the development of clean fuel corridors for the movement of goods and people.
A critical responsibility of this position will be to coordinate and implement industry-based initiatives to facilitate and accelerate the successful commercialization of environmentally friendly solutions to air pollution, global climate change, and sustainable development. The senior associate will be responsible for providing support to GNA’s executive officers for the management and implementation of strategies and programs to accelerate the development and deployment of technologies and public policies that facilitate the achievement of the air quality and greenhouse gas reduction goals of the Federal Clean Air Act and California’s AB32. These projects include: the development of hydrogen-based solutions for low-carbon, utility-scale power production; the creation of plans and programs that enable municipalities to meet AB32 requirements; the promotion and management of programs to accelerate the purchase and deployment of low-emission, low-carbon advanced transportation technology and alternative fuel vehicles; the development of effective strategies to decrease the environmental footprint of goods movement; and the implementation of strategies to reduce the burden suffered by neighborhoods disproportionately impacted by environmental conditions.
The senior associate will be expected to deliver outstanding results that advance the interests of GNA and GNA’s clients. GNA is looking for a self-starting, focused, and assertive professional who exhibits the qualities intellectual rigor, creativity, extremely strong writing and communications skills, and a dedication and passion for delivering innovative and real solutions for environmental problems our clients are trying to solve.
• Project coordination: Provide timely and cost-effective coordination of both client and company projects. Must be efficient and capable of closely tracking deliverables. Must understand budgeting and monitoring budgets in order to consistently realize established goals; provide fiscal responsibility; and report progress.
• Client Relations: Interact with clients on a regular basis, understand their business needs, provide consistent and well-prepared status reports on deliverables; manage and address unexpected developments; and communicate GNA analysis and recommendations in a manner that inspires confidence.
• Outreach and Organization: Develop and implement strategies to communicate the objective of projects to diverse audiences, including business, government, non-profit organizations and community groups.
• Event Coordination: Take the lead role in coordinating public workshops and seminars on environmental topics. This includes responsibility for agenda development, host and sponsor recruitment, material and packet development, site logistics, travel and lodging for speakers and staff, and all other tasks necessary to ensure a successful event.
• Research: Conduct primary and secondary research on a broad spectrum of market, technical, and policy issues and manage the development and production of high quality reports which provide this research to either specific or broad audiences.
• Analysis: Undertake rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis of pertinent public policy, market and technological trends, as well as the needs of a stressed ecosystem to identify critical needs and barriers and address technical, economic, social and/or programmatic pathways to resolution. Typically our analytic projects involve ways to promote the proliferation of cleaner transportation and energy technology, including the evaluation of primary and secondary data, existing reports, policy documents, legislation, economic models, and other sources.
• Communications: Prepare regular memos on project status for clients and for staff. Create publication-quality and client-ready written reports, marketing materials, correspondence, grant applications, and other communications that clearly and concisely summarize project goals, accomplishments and recommendations in the most compelling manner.
• Grant Writing: Work with team members to draft high quality, successful applications to both public and private sources of funding that will support our client’s interests.
• Presentations: Prepare and deliver written and oral presentations which effectively distill and communicate GNA’s and/or our client’s project efforts, goals, and recommendations.
• Business Development: Assist in the identification and new project and revenue opportunities with existing and potential clients.
• Firm Promotion: Actively contribute to the firm’s development and growth by participating in internal initiatives such as administration, human resources, marketing, infrastructure development, and team development.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Candidates must have a strong character, a “can-do” attitude, willingness to work hard to get the job done, and a passion for delivering excellence. Must be a self-starter, with the ability to anticipate and fulfill client and team needs. Interdisciplinary thinkers with the ability to communicate common visions and goals among diverse groups of stakeholders will thrive at GNA and with the company’s clients.
The minimum requirements for this job include:
• Education: A BA or BS is required. A graduate degree is not necessary, but may be useful. Candidates with or without advanced degrees will be considered if they possess an exemplary record of professional success, leadership, and expertise relevant to our needs.
• Professional Experience: Three to five years’ experience in a similar consulting firm or environment work in alternative fuels, advanced transportation technology, low-carbon or renewable energy, air quality or energy policy development, or a related field. Good to excellent understanding of air quality and energy policy, sustainable development, climate action policy, transportation policy, and/or environmental science is crucial. In addition to a strong technical background in air quality pollutant and greenhouse gas inventories and modeling, cost-effective strategies to reduce the environmental footprint of industry, utilities and transportation, and an excellent grasp of business strategy, organizational and marketing issues is also important. Experience with event organization a definite plus.
• Skills: Exceptional leadership, organizational/time management, writing, research, analytical, communication, public speaking and presentation, facilitation, and interpersonal skills are essential.
• Language: Fluency in a language other than English is preferred, but not required.
• Travel: International travel may be required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
• Excellent compensation package with opportunities for growth and career development with GNA
• Vacation and sick time
• Health, dental, vision and disability benefits
• 401K program
The position will offer a competitive and attractive compensation package that includes a base salary with the opportunity for a bonuses based on performance. Full benefits, 401K and unlimited opportunity for entrepreneurial advancement are provided.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, a cover letter containing salary requirements and available start dates. Be sure to include "SENIOR ASSOCIATE" in the subject line of your email to email@example.com. There is no relocation assistance for this position therefore, only local candidates who already reside in the Los Angeles Area will be contacted.
You may also send your application packet by mail or submit it in person at our Santa Monica, CA offices at 2525 Ocean Park Blvd, Suite 200, Santa Monica, CA 90405. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, or medical condition.
At GNA, helping our customers achieve their clean transportation and energy goals is our main priority. We are inspired by knowing that as we work to expand the clean transportation market, we improve national energy security, create US jobs, improve air quality for communities, and aid our customers in reducing their operating costs.
We thrive on developing new and innovative solutions for each of our clients’ unique needs, which makes our work both exciting and challenging. To be successful, we adhere to a simple plan. We hire employees with a specific combination of qualities—integrity, passion, curiosity, and a constant drive to improve the world around them. We begin every project knowing that we will find a positive solution. We start with yes.
With more than 20 years of proven business success, our principals and team members have become recognized leaders in the nation’s environmental community. Our projects have earned national awards and recognition from agencies and associations, including the South Coast Air Quality Management District, Coalition for Clean Air, and the California Natural Gas Vehicle Coalition. We are proud to receive such distinction, but for us, seeing the difference we are making is what’s most rewarding.
We invite you to learn more about our team of engineers, policy and compliance specialists, grant writers, public affairs managers, and events and marketing professionals who collaborate on each project to develop the unique strategies that make GNA a recognized industry leader.