New York, NY
CleanEdison is seeking smart and driven interns who are passionate about the sustainability industry and creating strategic partnerships and new business opportunities. As a rapidly expanding company, there is plenty of room for growth. We are looking for an intern to assist in obtaining new business in national markets. The intern will gain exposure to an amazing, high-growth start-up company that is helping our country create new jobs for a better planet.
The Operations Intern will be responsible for myriad operational improvement projects in areas ranging from Marketing, Operations, Sales, and possibly Finance. Quantitative analyses using large datasets will be routine. Client relationship management and creative problem solving skills are required as the majority of business is conducted across the US on the phone. Extensive interactions with accreditation bodies on technical topics will be the norm.
• Source and manage relationships with various outside parties (instructors, venues, clients, etc.)
• Financial Analysis of proposed ideas
• Project Management for new product development
• Process Mapping
• Data analysis to find cost savings, possibly including negotiating rates and securing contracts for venues, services and other operational resources
• Attention to detail
• Ability to "ramp up" quickly
• Ability to work autonomously
• Problem-solving skills a must
• Intermediate Excel (VLookups, Pivot Tables)
• Professional phone etiquette
• Project Management
• Ability to negotiate
• Experience with contracts
• Proficiency in CRM platforms (ex: Salesforce)
To apply, please submit a brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should highlight why you would be a great fit for the position. Please also include any exposure you have working with higher learning institutions, building performance or renewable energy industry leaders.