New York, NY
Government Relations Internship
We are a national clean-tech energy education provider dedicated to training incumbent workers, veterans and career-changers. Our group of bright, hard-working, passionate individuals are committed to providing articulate, concise, easy to understand curricula, courses and online programs to help candidates advance in our sustainable and environmentally conscious society.
We offer courses in solar installation, building science, home and commercial energy auditing, and sustainable design. Our product development team is also in the process of branching out across other forms of renewable energy sources and clean-technologies. It is definitely an innovative, fast-paced and exciting place to be!
The Government Relations Intern will be responsible for assisting the Government Relations team with filing for grants and RFPs to state and federal entities. The intern will be expected to learn from our regulatory and grants team to understand how CleanEdison helps develop skills for unemployed individuals, veterans, governments, and other entities. Writing grants with our Senior Grants Coordinator will be a common activity.
• Research of green education grant opportunities involving government agencies
• Outreach concerning different grant programs and opportunities
• Assist in administration of existing educational grant programs
• Monitor current events and developments in the area of green jobs, training, and policy
• Ability to multitask and handle several ongoing projects at once
• Comfortable conveying company’s prospectus to a variety of stakeholders, including non-profits and community colleges
• Confident using the phone and speaking to others both clearly and concisely
• Ability to work autonomously and also with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Computer savvy
• Experience working with federal, state, and/or local government agencies
• Experience with outreach initiatives
To apply, please submit a brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should highlight why you would be a great fit for the position. Please also include any exposure you have working with higher learning institutions, building performance or renewable energy industry leaders.