Strategic Energy Innovations
Bay Area, California
Be a part of the solution!
Climate Corps Bay Area (CCBA) is a 10-month Fellowship program that offers emerging climate protection leaders with significant professional development and training as they drive cutting edge environmental solutions within Bay Area organizations.
CCBA Fellows benefit from working alongside of progressive nonprofits, local governments and businesses on climate resiliency programs and campaigns. Fellows’ projects include: resource efficiency, solar/ renewable energy, waste diversion, alternative transportation, sustainability education and outreach.
· Receive unparalleled experience leading climate resiliency (mitigation and adaptation) projects that have measureable outcomes and benefits.
· Build critical connections and networks with climate protection leaders.
· Learn from being part of a regional cohort of Fellows dedicated to implementing innovative approaches to our collective climate challenge.
· Participate in a comprehensive training and development program that culminates in a professional certificate issued by an accredited college program partner.
For the 2014-15 cycle, CCBA public and private sector partners offer a wide variety of 30+ fellowship placements that include:
· Technical solar energy design and marketing roles at Sun Power
· Energy efficiency retrofit, conservation and alternative commute implementation within East Bay and South Bay K-12 schools and colleges
· Realizing Climate Action Plan goals in Alameda and Marin Counties
· Executing the Regional Environmental Stewardship program at Kaiser Permanente
· New positions and fellowship options are being added weekly!
This is a full-time, 10-month fellowship program. Additional requirements may depend on the specific position placement sought. We are looking for recent college graduates with:
· An educational background in environmental policy, science, engineering, sustainable management or planning degrees (volunteer and internship experience will be considered).
· An understanding of clean energy and environmental policy.
· Community outreach and communications experience.
· A connection to the Bay Area. This is an equal opportunity position and we prefer to place a candidate who already lives in the region being served.
· Living allowance stipend of $1,000 per month (before taxes).
· Monthly health insurance premium reimbursement option.
· Assistance with student loan deferments.
· Extensive professional development and skill building. Upon program completion, Fellows are awarded a Climate Change Protection Professional certificate by Skyline College.
· A modest financial award upon program completion.
To become a Fellow please submit an online application and resume. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until all placements are filled. Applicants are encouraged to submit the application as soon as possible in order to ensure the best chance of being placed within an organization that fits your needs and goals. NOTE: We are adding new fellowship descriptions on a weekly basis!
Once the application is complete and has been reviewed, applicants who qualify will be contacted for an interview. Interviews for the 2014-2015 Program Year will begin in June 2014. Fellows need to be available and eligible to start by the last week of August 2014.
If you are interested in applying or learning more, please visit our website: www.climatecorps-bayarea.org.