PECI is a nonprofit corporation with a history developing and implementing innovative approaches to energy and resource efficiency. We offer our local and national clients a unique combination of expert research, program design, and on-the-ground delivery. We are growing and have exciting opportunities for individuals who have a passion for learning and want to make an impact working within the energy efficiency market.
PECI is seeking a Program Manager to manage three client programs as well as contribute to initiatives within the residential sector. This person will oversee budget management, energy savings, payment approvals, quality control, policy implementation, reporting, and program data systems. This person will also have client management, program design and process improvement responsibilities. The Program Manager will also participate in, and lead initiatives to improve PECI’s residential practice and the delivery of services to our clients.
The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 3 years in the energy efficiency industry, experience directly managing programs and clients, the ability to excel in a functional based environment and the ability to manage multiple initiatives and produce high-quality deliverables on tight deadlines.
• Manage program budgets to meet 100% of goals and revenue while minimizing delivery costs and risk
• Defines and coordinates the securing of commitments from cross-functional groups and external providers in terms of resources, cost, schedule, and performance and collaborates on successful execution
• Oversees and approves all relevant program management deliverables such as program objectives and requirements, tariffs and budgets, risk assessments, program plans, program status reports, action items list etc.; program risks will be escalated to management on a timely basis for decision resolution and disposition.
• Provides direct leadership for program and project teams, shared services, practice management and client deliverables
• Resolves any issues or conflicts resulting from any of the above interfaces and commitments
• Coordinates core and extended team meetings, along with tracking all issues and actions for the program
• Tracks and manages key milestones and deliverables, issues, risks, go/no-go decisions, stakeholder acceptance validations/approvals, stakeholder communications, and red flag items
• Communicates progress, issues, and status to all teams and stakeholders, both internal and external parties to the company; provides necessary assistance to other program team members, as required
• Provides calm, steady leadership in the face of uncertainty, rapid change, and aggressive deadlines common to rapidly evolving market & client needs
• Leads cross-functional multi-disciplinary meetings and fosters teamwork resulting in positive outcomes; is the focal point
• Helps develop detailed program budgets based on estimated human resource requirements (and associated burdened costs), capital expenditures, and recurring and non-recurring expenses and manages the resulting budgets
• Tracks program activity and expenditures against plans and develops and manages program status documentation and communications on a weekly/monthly basis
• Tracks and manages energy savings as well as other program goals and milestones, assuring the program meets forecasted targets
• Participates and leads residential energy efficiency strategy development to serve utility clients.
• B.S. degree
• Experience in the energy industry with a minimum of five years of direct program or management experience
• Experience solving complex cross-organizational issues, including the development of recommendations to senior management
• Experience in leading large, cross-functional initiatives or deployments with program budgets of more than $5 million
• Proficiency in leading geographic deployments (multiple states) and diverse channels (contractor, builder, retail, manufacturers)
• Ability to develop effective executive-level communications and presentation material
• Create and execute advanced program management concepts (resource planning, reporting, prioritization, trade-offs)
• Facilitation skills—ability to help lead large cross-organizational groups through exercises to reach a conclusion, approach, or decision
• Proactively sets expectations and helps to manage expectations around delivery and requirements, yielding consistent results
• Fierce attention to detail with the ability to manage large budgets and track multi-state goal targets
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels
• A self-motivated, self-reliant, self-starter with the ability to achieve broadly communicated objectives under a minimal amount of supervision
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint a must; Project Portfolio Management tools, Visio, and MS Project experience desired
• Budget experience required, financial modeling experience desired
Inspiring jobs for inspired people.
At PECI, our purpose is to evolve the way the world uses energy, to help people permanently weave the attitudes and practices of conservation into their daily lives, and to help define a more sustainable energy economy. To do this, we create products and programs that help buildings of all types achieve a higher standard of energy efficiency. Building by building, person by person, we reshape the world around us.
We are looking for people who are forward thinkers and driven doers. Can you add to our collective knowledge and experience and help us build ideas that will solve large and complex energy issues? Do you have that fire in your heart and focus in your mind? Come help PECI change the world in which we currently live into the one in which we dream of living.