Burn Manufacturing Co.
BURN Manufacturing works to save lives and forests in the developing world by designing and manufacturing clean burning cookstoves. BURN is currently developing a modern manufacturing facility in Kenya that will produce more than 3.5 million fuel efficient cookstoves and create more than 200 jobs, while saving over 100 million trees in the next 10 years alone. With financing from GE, US State Dept., UN Foundation and private investors BURN is poised to become a global leader in the clean cookstove space, with rapid growth expected in 2013 and beyond.
BURN is currently seeking a senior level, mission driven candidate to serve as our permanent, full-time Mechanical Engineer on Vashon Island, WA (outside of Seattle). The successful applicant will be responsible for Supporting internal Product Design and the Kenya factory. Responsibilities of the position include:
· Taking conceptual stove designs into production. Apply DFM techniques, generate part drawings, spec materials, perform cost estimates
· Develop tooling for fabrication, assembly, finishing and QC
· Develop manufacturing processes including equipment specifications, equipment and work station design, writing production SOP’s
· Developing process flows and factory layouts
· Fabrication including sheet metal forming, welding, and general metal fabrication
· Must be able to travel to the Kenya factory if needed
· Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent
· Knowledge of design techniques, manufacturing processes, tools, raw materials, quality control, costs, and principals involved in production of sheet metal products
· CAD proficiency (we use Solidworks),
· Process flow and manufacturing strategy
· Machine tool competence
· Preference for: Tool and die design, CNC experience, and/or experience with sheet metal design and fabrication
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com in the following filename format: <[First Name, Last Name], Mechanical Engineer [CV/Cover Letter], [Date]>.
For more information on BURN please visit www.burn manufacturing.com or visit our Facebook page www.facebook.com/BURNDesignLab